Thread: Worried about AK Cub

Default Worried about AK Cub

I just saw that Cub is selling the brand new barneys pack. I am afraid that he may have a head injury or something! Has anyone checked on him? Really is there a reason? Something better is the hilleberg for sale too... Honestly I hope all is well in the bear den I can't imagine anyone selling a brand new pack like that, but perhaps that is cause I am on pins and needles holding a receipt waiting on mine to be born (errr sewn).

Its an awesome pack LuJon and dont think negatively about my selling it. I just have a thing for internals and today I fell in love!

Oh and I am a little nuts when it comes to gear, and I flip flop a lot. Winter is espensive for me!...grin If I were out using the stuff I wouldn't be shopping so much.

Heck, I'm not worried. LuJon, this may yet work out to our advantage. If we keep a close eye on the swap and sell forum, we may be able to take advantage of the guy when he sells the next treasure!

Default Some already have :)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Heck, I'm not worried. LuJon, this may yet work out to our advantage. If we keep a close eye on the swap and sell forum, we may be able to take advantage of the guy when he sells the next treasure!
    Some of us have already have taken advantage of it. Just need to figure out how to rig it to my packraft when I buy one now.

You shouldn't see much else on here for a while!..grin

I had a feeling you would grab that! I will say I snagged the Minox HG's in less than 30 minutes and I see it took over two hours before cub but up the SOLD message. Lucky for you I already bought mine or you would be hearing about how nice my bino's fit in my new pack! I can't wait to compare the hunter to the pinnacle side by side in the field, it's shaping up to be a good year!

Tell you what, Cub, I think I've got a deal for you. I'm in the market for a few pieces of gear, but haven't bought them yet. Since you like to buy stuff to check it out and then re-sell it, how about we work together?

Go ahead and buy a Alpacka Denali Llama. No spray skirt necessary, though I would prefer the Splat carbon fiber paddle. Er...I mean...you would prefer it.

I'll let you know which bow to buy in a week or two. I need to shoot a few more before I decide for you.

After that you can keep the gear at your house until late April...write positive reports about it, take pictures, and pretend to paddle the raft in your living room. In late April go ahead and post them on the swap and sell forum at a 25% discount, but make sure that you tell me when you'll be doing this so that I'm the first respondant. I promise that you'll sell them right away.

Deal?

I doubt it Brian! I monitor the swap and sell forum like steepandcheap.com! I just keep all the pages open at work and pound the refresh button often. If an alpacka raft shows up at 25% off you'll just have to settle for looking at pictures of me paddling it around my living room for the rest of the winter!

Havent gotten into the rafting thing, maybe I'll check that stuff out!....grin

Please do Cub, and make sure it's a Pro Pioneer, i've been wanting one of those for a few years now!

So, what internal has stolen your heart?

I believe it was an Osprey Crescent 110.

Yup that be the one!

Read quite a few reviews on that pack having problems with the straps loosening up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I had a feeling you would grab that! I will say I snagged the Minox HG's in less than 30 minutes and I see it took over two hours before cub but up the SOLD message. Lucky for you I already bought mine or you would be hearing about how nice my bino's fit in my new pack! I can't wait to compare the hunter to the pinnacle side by side in the field, it's shaping up to be a good year!
    What can I say....I'm a sucker for good deals!!!! I just can't let something like that slip away. Yeah it is a good thing you already have your pack in the oven otherwise I'd be bumming. Now ya might see this on the Swap & Sell here soon.

Thanks again Cub.