Thread: Black Bear Hunting and Fishing in Fairbanks, AK???

Default Black Bear Hunting and Fishing in Fairbanks, AK???

A good friend of mine just got transferred to an Airforce base near Fairbanks, AK. I've decided to take this opportunity to get up there and finally check out Alaska. (Spring '09) My purpose while I am up there is to bear hunt and do a little fishing. I am looking for an outfitter (who can do food, lodging, etc.) and guide a black bear hunting trip (and fishing would be a huge bonus if say a 5 day trip is over after the second day.) I was wondering if I could get some seasoned advice from anyone who had done something like this in the area or from a local who knows of a good outfitter that could accommodate something like this. I appreciate the help up front! Thanks!

BTT, anybody?

Default RDM

I have never done a guided black bear hunt but know of a few guys that have used RDM for bear hunts and have been very pleased. I beieve the website is www.rdmpilot.com If not just google RDM guide and i think it comes up as the first site. They arent in the fairbanks area so you would have to travel south. Good luck.