Thread: Brass selection

Default Brass selection

I am looking for a deal on .44 brass and have been hearing good things from reloaders about starline as a brass selection. I saw a decent rate on winchester but didn't know anyone who had shot it.

Any suggestions on a place to get brass without getting bent over on shipping and whether I will notice much difference in a revolver?

I hear good things about Cabelas price wise on shipping but they only have .44 russian in starline...
    River Runnin

I can still get 500 Starline 44 mag, or special, or russian delivered here in Fairbanks for less than $100.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I use Starline for my .45-70. I've found it to be excellent brass. I usually get mine through Midway USA, but I'm sure there's cheaper out there. Now if I could just find some .458 Win Mag brass at a decent price I'd be happy.

Well, as the ultimate solution I wrote to starline and I figured I'd put a post out so all the other AK residents know too.

Starline has the best brass for the best prices hands down, $30 less per thousand for .44 mag and shipping to my home in Fairbanks is $2.30 for insurance because they flat rate it and cover it themselves. Just an observation.

Thanks for the help!
    River Runnin

correction: "seems to be the best hands down" as I don't presume to be an expert but have been told by everyone I know that it is.

The price sure is good!
    River Runnin

Default good stuff

I've been using Starline for a number of years for all my magnum brass and it really holds up well to heavy loads and crimps. I recommend it. I don't care too much for Hornady unprimed for pistol. It seems more brittle then other brands and doesn't give long life, at least in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by River Runnin View Post
    Starline has the best brass for the best prices hands down, $30 less per thousand for .44 mag and shipping to my home in Fairbanks is $2.30 for insurance because they flat rate it and cover it themselves.
    Thanks for the help!
    What does this mean? You can buy Starline 44 mag brass for $30 per 1000? I'd take some of that.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

no no, $30 or $40 less than other places I looked at that sell it. Just observing the mark up from buying elsewhere. I'd heard it was a good deal through Starline's site but I didn't know they covered shipping too. I think I'm gonna give it a try. I think it was $140 per thousand and the range on other sites was closer to $170-$190 on the same stuff.

What is .44 Russian in relation to my .44 mag? Will it shoot out of my mag?
    River Runnin