Thread: Remote Stear

Default Remote Stear

I need a remote stear system for my outboard on my sea sport it had a trol eze on it that stoped working for the previous owner so he took it off. Has anyone used the trol eze before are thay any good.I have read reviews on pranther but peaple have said they are not sealed and will stop working. I like the idea of having a remote becouse I like to be out of the cabin when troling close to the rod any help or other stearing devices out there that I can use? thanks for any help.

Default Intelli steer

Sea wolf
    I put an intelli steer on my boat and so it has been fine. It has remote control cable about 10ft you can also get a splitter and run a control to the front if the cord will not reach. It cost about $400.00 and was easy to install. Do a search for intelli steer and you should find all the info you need.
    Chuck

Default Cost of Remote Steer

I called Remote Steer and inquired about their product. I really liked what I saw, however the price quoted me was $700, and probably 800 by the time all the parts are purchased to configure it to my boat.

SC If you have a cheaper source, I would certainly like to hear about it.

Denny
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

Default Remote steering

I bought mine through Steveston Marine Hardware on the net it was 400 bucks. That was last year you also need to measure and buy a steering cable, about 60 bucks.

SC

Default Intellisteer

Checked with most everyone about the Intellisteer and the cost is about 700+ now. They are not widely distributed. Steverson does not carry a stock. They order from the factory as they get orders.

SC, you got in on an introductory offer. Lucky!

Denny
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

Default trol eze

Hi thanks for the info I did order the trol eze and it came in today. I like the idea that the pump is inside in the dry under my engine cover and only the hydrolic controler is on the engine lookes like an easy install I will do a review and let ya know how it works. sorry about my spelling was on my cell with internet and was at the end of my shift going to sleep :]

Default ok installed

I installed the steer on the kicker. it was a clean install I will take a few pictures soon just doing the finishing touches on the boat it all lookes good looking forward to getting back on the water . Have been dealing with getting a new renter into my duplex has taken me away from my pleasure. THANK YOU all for all the info when I have a question you all add the info that help me move forward and I do look forward to meeting some of you if you happen to be in Seward look me up in B-16 slip would like to swap stories with you all.