Thread: Redhawk vs. Super Redhawk scope mounts

Default Redhawk vs. Super Redhawk scope mounts

Having never seen either the Redhawk or Super Redhawk in real life, it looks like their scope mounts are in different positions. Does anybody have insight as to the fuctional difference between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Having never seen either the Redhawk or Super Redhawk in real life, it looks like their scope mounts are in different positions. Does anybody have insight as to the fuctional difference between the two?
    The Ruger Redhawk does not come with the capability of accepting standard Ruger scope mounts. There are scope mount slots milled on the Super Redhawk and the Super Blackhawk but I've never seen a Redhawk that will accept standard Ruger rings from the factory. The Ruger rings fit all Ruger guns, rifle and revolver, they are the same.

So, what you've not been able to see doesn't exist so there is no insight into it.

What do you want, Super Redhawk or a just plain Redhawk? Do you want scoping capability?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I must've been mistaken then; I saw a picture of a Redhawk somewhere that appeared to have scope mounts milled into its barrel, but it must have been a custom job on someone's gun.

I'm a little torn between the Redhawk & SRH; I like the looks of the former, but the latter looks like it has a more comfortable grip that covers the backstrap. I don't really need a new gun that can accept a scope, but it sounds like it could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    I must've been mistaken then; I saw a picture of a Redhawk somewhere that appeared to have scope mounts milled into its barrel, but it must have been a custom job on someone's gun.
    You weren't mistaken, the Redhawk 7.5" has mounts; the shorter versions don't.