Thread: Best Sat Phone Rental Deal

Default Best Sat Phone Rental Deal

Hello
    Anyone done some research Recently on the best sat phone rental deal going right now, that they would be willing to share.
    There's plenty in the archives on Sat Phones, but I was hoping for the most up to date info.
    We need an Iridium for two weeks in August for a hunt. I've already been to the Surveyor's Exchange website looking around. I will need to make 10-15 minutes of calls during the rental and need to factor that per minute charge in also.

I would consider an out of state rental FedExed if financially it was worth it.

We rented previously from Larry at Pristine Ventures, but he has had to significantly increase his phone rental rate since our last rental.

Appreciate any up to date info.

Thanks,

Default Satellite Phone Store

I just ordered with these guys http://www.satellitephonestore.com/i...one-rental.php. 34.95 a week 34.95 for shipping. Plus airtime. Never ordered from them before so service cannot be vouched for.

Quote Originally Posted by yaifw View Post
    I just ordered with these guys http://www.satellitephonestore.com/i...one-rental.php. 34.95 a week 34.95 for shipping. Plus airtime. Never ordered from them before so service cannot be vouched for.
    I was checking those guys out too. The fees kept adding up though. Did you purchase the UPS return label?

I called the Satellite Phone Store people in FL they said they saw such a need for sat phone rentals in AK that they opened a retail rental store in Anchorage {with rates more than double their FL location,} you can check that out at: http://www.anchoragesatellitephones.com/ That hurts a little.

The Satellite Phone Store in Florida may be about the best deal going, but I sure would like to hear from anyone else.

Thanks

Default ooouCH

Seemed that sat phone rental kept going up and that if I was going to have one when I wanted it the best thing to do was buy one.
    I've called before on short notice looking for a phone and there weren't any available. Makes my wife very concerned; So, to appease the little lady, I just bought one.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default No UPS label

I didn't buy the return shipping label. Your right about the fees though. I got pretty much the basic package. Three week rental of phone, charger, 60 min air time, taxes and shipping. The total was 277.00.

Default Sat Phone

Stay away from Globalstar,We did a float out of Bethel in the Kilbuks And had a real prob getting a hold of our pilot,Not a good feeling when your Sat phone dont work..Iridium all the way since..Happy Hunting

Default Iridium 9505 A

This is the model you want by Iridium, I bought one last year thru satphone store.com The same exact model used by our ground combat controllers and some TACP units...only the best for our military!

Rent an iridium phone from Surveryors Exchange, their local and not too expensive. You can just drop it off when your done and not have to worry about shipping and all that jazz.

Default iridium 9505A

Were are you guys with the iridium getting your minutes? I have a phone and a sim card just need to get the minutes from somebody. Who's cheaper?
    IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN CAN I BLAME MY PENCIL FOR MISSPELLED WORDS?

Default Iridium Phone

Contact jackie@satphonestore.com or call 866-633-9636 bought my minutes last year at $1.00 per minute. The best investment I made for my huntin' adventures. I used it last year while deployed to Iraq, talked to my family at least twice a week!....CK
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default "The Spot" GPS/transmitter

I was woundering when a product like this would come out and it may be helpful to some hunters. The unit is a GPS that can transmit a message to one e-mail of choice of something like every thing is OK. The other option is light and sirens come and help much like an ELT in aircarft. The unit is cheaper than a sat phone and the service is cheaper. I saw this unit at gander mountain but I am sure that most places would have it.

I think that I will wait for the unit that can text message.

Default sat phone

Try Accupoint Inc. (The GPS Store) on the old seward hwy. they rent sat phones now. I rented one there two years ago.

I just rented mine from surveyor's exchange (a supporter of this forum). They were prompt, friendly, a fair price, provide an extra battery, and I'm happy with them.

I can report on voice quality and availability of service after the hunt

Default Fairbanks source?

Anyone in Fairbanks rent Sat. Phones?

Default sat phone rental

there is a surveyor's exchange in Fairbanks.

I just bought a sat phone from the surveyors exchange. They had a plan called the northern lights plan in which you buy 200 minutes of airtime for $199. The airtime has to be used within 6 months. That price includes the monthly fees. It looks like it will be cheaper to go this way then to pay a monthly fee and then pay for minutes.

I have rented from Surveyors and the price was like $75 a week with x number of minutes, extra battery and waterproof case. They are convenient for me because they are in town (Fbks). You can reserve it or just swing by and pick it up. I dont make too many calls while out , mostly to the air charter for scheduled pick ups and weather updates. Worked like a charm the last 3 times I rented it.

Default Fairbanks Surveyor's Exchange

Can't seem to find a number for Surveyor's Exchange in Fairbanks. Can you help me out with the number anyone?

thanks

They are in the ACS Phone book 452-6079

Default Phone number

Thank you kindly. I intend to use one on an August hunt up on the slope and it makes sense to get one while passing through Fairbanks.