Thread: Sluice Box wanted in Fairbanks

Default Sluice Box wanted in Fairbanks

Looking into doing some prospecting out of my truck and hiking in to a few spots next summer and I was wondering what kinds of sluice boxes people suggest as far as a starter that isn't too big or heavy.

Also if someone has one or knows of one for sale I'd be interested in hearing about it.

What's a good price?
    River Runnin

Default Recreational

For simple recreational stuff the Easy Sluice works well. I bought mine at the prospecting store on College.

For bigger stuff but still portable I have a A51 Keene. Or a 2 1/2" dredge.

The Easy Sluice looks cheap, but it does work well on fines. Mine was stolen by a guy up at Peters Creek Recreational Area. :{

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Small

I've been using some smaller sluices; the Keene A51, A52, and easy sluice just depending on how much material I want to run and how much weight I want to pack. Regardless of if I find anything or not I have a blast out by myself trying. Kind of like a solo hunt and playing in the mud like a little kid at the same time.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Just looked at the Keene's, they look pretty good. How much do those units weigh?

Also how do they perform for fine stuff? Can they pick up some pretty fine dust in the (I'm assuming they would be called mats in the top)?
    River Runnin

you can find a backpacker sluice that folds up they are not to expensive, havent seen one up here though.. I use a Keene A52 but I wouldnt carry hiking.