Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The worlds smallest handgun

Default The worlds smallest handgun

The worlds smallest handgun
    Last edited by Murphy; 03-09-2008 at 16:08. Reason: corrupt link
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    The worlds smallest handgun
    Compare it to my rifle, they're the same.

This one actually shoots.

It is so small I can't see it.

This one actually shoots.
    Great, if you like pea shooters.

Any chance you were referring to this one...

http://www.downsizer.com/

... since no link or photo was provided for this subject?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Thanks JOAT!

I was wondering how you would load a pistol the size of a period...
    That would be a handful in 357. Definitely a last chance deal.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

The published barrel length of about 2", which clearly includes the chamber, means that a .357Mag will have like 3/4" of barrel to work with. So HP ammo won't do anything for you and you'll have to pretty much be within contact distance to ensure a hit. Price is pretty steep for a defensive pocket pistol, too. I think I'd take the 500 bucks to a pawn shop and get a compact DAO revolver instead.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

This is the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

The other link was corrupt and was deleated.

www(DOT)dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=526655&in_page_id=1770
    Last edited by RMiller; 04-08-2008 at 13:30.

Talking Lmao!

The Brits are amazing. For a moment I thought that article was an Austin Powers paraody of some kind, then I realized that they were being serious. Bunch of anti-gun idiots.

I just love the use of "miles per hour" for bullet velocity to make it sound "deadly". First they claim it is "300 miles per hour", but then they say it is "270 miles per hour", and finally admit that it is 399fps. Note that how ever you look at these velocities, they're in the class of a spring powered BB air pistol. In fact there are airsoft guns that exceed these velocities.

And the projectile is a 2.34mm specially built rimfire cartridge. That's a .09 caliber bullet, or half the diameter of the .17 rimfire. Now, with all these facts in mind, read this quote about this gun from the British press:

The gun is banned from being imported into the US - because it's barrel is less than three inches, meaning it is deemed too small to qualify for sporting purposes.

Jonathan Spencer, consultant forensic scientist and firearms expert, said that although the gun, which fires bullets at a speed of 399 feet a second, was tiny, it could still prove fatal and in the eyes of the law was as dangerous as a machine gun.

He said: "The general threshold for perforating the skin is about 330 feet a second.

"Apart from bone, skin offers the greatest resistance to penetration. If it can pass through the skin it is potentially lethal, even if the bullets are small.

"If you shoved something 3mm across into someone's chest you could kill them. It's the same with these bullets, they could penetrate the heart.

"It is capable of killing someone. Under section 5 of the Firearms Act it would be a prohibited weapon. It would be on the same scale as a machine gun."

I'd love to see the ballistics gel demonstrations to back up the claim that a .09 caliber bullet at 399fps will penetrate the chest and heart.

Yep, in Britian this little 2" long gun is as dangerous as a machine gun. Man I'm glad we got out from under that country.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

A wire ginder is fast enough to shoot a wire into the heart.

It was just supposed to be a neat little story about the worlds smallest firing pistol not a flashback of the Boston tea party. Sheesh.

You mean like when you place a moose heart on the sawhorse in the shop and use the 6" wire brush to knock some rust off your hunting gear and a wire flies off the wheel at ~100fps and sticks in the surface of the moose heart? (I've been nailed by more than my fair share of wire wheel chunks and never had one significantly penetrate the outer layers of skin.)

Oh, it's a cute little pistol. But is just seems rather impractical and way too expensive for me. I think I'd rather have a cup of tea... or better yet, some Kaladi coffee.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I was refering to the guy who was grinding the blade on a screwdriver or chisel, then later that night started feeling chest pains.

Turns out one of the wires came off the wire wheel while he was using the grinding wheel.
    It penetrated his chest and was near or in the heart.

He did not use his leather vest as he was only going to grind for a minute to touch up the screwdriver or chisel.

Default It almost was the period I was looking at!

I would have to get my reading glasses out to reload!
    Its cool but soooo tiny!
    I think I would be testing the skin penetration power on my own fingers every time I shot it.
    Neat engineering!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

http://www.swissminigun.com/home.html

This 2.34mm rim fire ammunition is made by SwissMiniGun.

Blank and live cartridges are available.

The power of the SwissMiniGun Cal. 2.34m/m ammunition is just less than 1 joule.

We would like to take this opportunity to inform journalists who are interested in writing articles about our product that the power of most airguns or BB guns, which are in many countries freely on sale, can exceed over 10 times the power of our ammunition.

We do not wish to find on the web the same kind of nonsense article we have found lately.

Therefore, journalists are very welcome to contact us for any further information. Thank you.

Looks like the manufacturer doesn't care for the British press either.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

If I had one it would be my new bear defense pistol since it is in the same catagory as a machine gun it should work

The catagories are lethal and non-lethal.

Is the mini pistol going to somehow make someone less dead than the machine gun.

Is the mini pistol going to somehow make someone less dead than the machine gun.
    Yes. This mini pistol could maybe put an eye out, but that's about it. It's almost as powerful as a BB gun. A "machine gun"... pick any caliber... will produce fatal wounds the same as any other "real" gun. There is no comparison between the two. You're talking Huffy bicycles compared to top-fuel dragsters.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

A shot to the temple from many BB guns will kill a person right now. Or put them in a mental state worse than death.

The mini gun has a bullet just smaller than the diameter of a #2 pencil lead. It is not round like a bb though. The length is twice the diameter. This will give much more penetration than something round.

Probably like being shot with a 7.5 shot out of a shotgun at 40 yards. The shot gun shot will still be going 500+ at 40 but the shape of the minigun bullet will more than make up for speed.

No thank you.

-----------------------------

Believe what you want ,your gonna anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast