Thread: Barney's Wolverine Pack

Default Barney's Wolverine Pack

I was just on Barney's website and looked at their Wolverine Pack and then did a quick search on this website and found only one thread that talked about them. What is the general opinion in regards to this? It is 3800 ci and weight only 3.78 pounds. I know the general opinion on barney's equipment is that it is bullet proof but can a pack this light handle 100#'s or more? I am in the market for a bag thus I ask.
    Loving God, Loving People, Loving America--Serving All Three

Default Wolverine

I have one, I love it, but I've probably only had 70 lbs. maximum in it and it has been pretty full at that weight. It's an internal support pack, so I'm not sure that loads over 100 lbs. would be supported properly (carried high enough) for you to be comfortable (but then, carrying the weight equivalent of a small person is not going to be comfortable any time...)

Here's a photo of the pack at work on a Kodiak deer hunt...

Default Wolverine

I have one of these. It's my favorite day pack of all time and very comfortable. I think 100lbs would be a bit much for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffhanger View Post
    I have one, I love it, but I've probably only had 70 lbs. maximum in it and it has been pretty full at that weight. It's an internal support pack, so I'm not sure that loads over 100 lbs. would be supported properly (carried high enough) for you to be comfortable (but then, carrying the weight equivalent of a small person is not going to be comfortable any time...)

Here's a photo of the pack at work on a Kodiak deer hunt...
    Nice deer!

Default Wolverine

Anyone else, have a picture of the Wolverine in action? Would love to see other pictures of it in use. Thanks.