Thread: Which Trailer? Just too many out there

Question Which Trailer? Just too many out there

Ok guys, I am about ready to lose my mind ( the little I have left). I have 2 four wheelers and I am looking for a trailer. My questions is there really a difference between steel/alum (beside weight). I have been seeing Yacht club, sled bed, triton. Is one better than the other.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
    J

I would get whichever one is cheaper
    Originally Posted by BIGBOB
    Estimate of time of death appears to be same day he died.

If you are only going to use the trailer for your two ATVs, I would go with the aluminum one. If you are going to load your trailer heavy and haul during cold temps (-10f or colder) then I would go with the steel trailer. I went with steel because longer aluminum trailers tend to flex too much for my taste. I have seen aluminum trailer tongues break when the trailer was overloaded and it was extremely cold. There is more upkeep on a steel trailer but it fits my needs.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

I perfer aluminum because I like they do not rust and are lighter. I also dislike a "tilt" trailer because one day when I was unloading one of my atv's the trailer tilted way to fast and pushed me forward pinning me against the trottle with my son standing behind me.
    I barely missed hitting him and will never use a tilt trailer again.
    I have owned several Floe trailers and have been happy with all of them. Nothing ever broke as long as I owned them.
    Tennessee

Default Wldboar

I had the same problem. Take a look at these aluminum trailers made by C & B Quality Trailers. They make a utility trailer that works great for hauling 2 ATV's. It's the Outback series, model A-UT514-SA. I'm very impressed with it. I bought it from the factory in Nampa, ID and dragged it to Anchorage, although there is a local dealer I believe.

I only use it for the ATV's and small loads of lumber or firewood. It's not made for rough duty or heavy loads.

I'm in Eagle River if you want to look at it sometime.

http://www.cbtrailers.com/

I would suggest buying a bigger trailer from the get go. The smaller trailers are ok for 4-wheelers but their is just not enough room for your gear/meat trailers also. Sure you can unhook them and stand them up on the end/side and strap them down but thats a pain in the butt. After owning a couple of 2 place trailers I bought me a 18' trailer and have been very happy with it every since. It pulls, backs, and less flats then the smaller trailers. Just my 2 cents.

I would have to agree with 450HUNTER. I would get a bigger trailer than you think you will need. I bought a 8x12 sled bed trailer two years ago for my two ATVs. I ended up selling one of my ATVs and buying a Rhino...I ended up missing riding my ATV. I went out and bought my new Grizzly 700. That gave me two ATVs and one Rhino that wouldn't fit on my trailer. I went to Aurora Trailers (on Tudor, in Anchorage) and got a great deal on a 8'5"x16' V-nose trailer. Now I can fit all my machines on my trailer and it is heavy duty enough to haul any other stuff I could come up with (even a car). Give them a look...here is their web page. Jim, the owner, will customize the trailer to whatever your needs are.

http://aktrailers.com/trailer-sales.html
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Thanks for the input guys. Seems to make sense. I could haul lumber etc to my property besides my machines. duh........ and when son gets older I will probably give him my machine and I will upgrade and won't need to purchase another trailer.