Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Coyote!!!!

Default My First Coyote!!!!

It took me three years to bag a yote. Now I just have to decide if I want to tube him or not.

Here's a picture of him napping.

Congrats on the your first coyote WG....Thats a good lookin Lab too.

NICE!

Congratulations, man. Nobody deserves this success more than you, given all of the effort that you've put in. That makes my day to see those pictures. On a side note, sure is snowless out there. Makes me think that I need to try taking my nephew out for hares again.

Knik Area I presume by the background? If so kudos, thats a tough area to hunt considering all the traffic. I can honestly say out of all my summer outting there Ive only seen 3 moose, a dead spruce hen and the occasional sheep.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Tube Him?

Help me out here Gremin, is that casing him?

Nice looking coyote, did you call him in or trap?

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    Now I just have to decide if I want to tube him or not.

We don't tube critters , Unless your from Trapper Creek
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

By tubing the coyote I meant casing him, and I would have looked up the proper terminology if I had the time. I made the post and went straight to the garage to skin him, and now just made it back to the computer. My buddy and I ended up casing him, and the yote fought back the entire time. The final product wouldn't have turned out nearly as nice without the help of my buddy. I'm very thankful for his effort and time dedicated to helping me skin this coyote.

I trapped this coyote. It's funny, I've worked very hard to call in coyotes. I've put in the time and effort, and I felt I was just missing the success. I kept telling myself, "one day everything will come together." I've been working at it for so long I didn't even know how to react when I saw this coyote in my snare that was actually set for wolves.

This was one of my favorite trips. I harvested a coyote, introduced my lab to rabbits, and found my lost gerber that I dropped almost 4 months ago, ALL IN THE SAME DAY!

The dog in the pictures is my 10 month old lab, and her name is River. Overall she's been a great dog.

Hey WG ,

By the looks of that photo ,Thats enough water in the background to try out that new boat .

I wish, that's all ice. There's an open leed by the bridge, enough to launch a boat, but a truck towing a boat will sink in that nasty silt. Either next week or the week after and I should be able to launch the boat if the weather keeps it up.

that's all ice.
    That's OK That will make you go fassssssssssssster ,A little harder to turn or stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hey WG ,

By the looks of that photo ,Thats enough water in the background to try out that new boat .
    LOL...that was his original plan...I bet he's glad he decided to head out to his traps....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Default Congrats

on the yote. I thought for sure you would've called it in. You deserve it cause you sure put in the time.

Doug

Default congrats!!

Good job on the yote! I'm still looking for my first one, hope I can get him before this season is over. If not I will just have to try again next year!

Default Congrats Gremlin!

Now that you broke the ice the second will come a lot quicker!
    Mike
    (I think I know just where that spot is! :-)
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Angry

I picked up the tanned hide today and the more I look at the hide the more disappointed I am. At least four inches of the tail is missing. I noticed something odd about the tail at the taxi's shop and asked him about it. His response, "maybe I'm not looking at what you are looking at...but all of it is definitely there." After looking at a photo of the coyote before I turned it into the taxi I can say that part of the tail is definitely missing, at least four inches or so. I'm not real happy about it at the moment. Judge for yourself

Default Maybe

I sure don't see the dark tail tip on the wall hanger as I do in the first 2 pics.

Wyatt

Congrats! Like everyone said, the 1st one is the hardest, the rest will come easier.

Angry

I think your right. I don't see any of the darker colors on it. Why would he have whacked it off? Something fishy.......The first pic shows alot more tail. Different yote?

Mark

I picked up the tanned hide today and the more I look at the hide the more disappointed I am. At least four inches of the tail is missing. I noticed something odd about the tail at the taxi's shop and asked him about it. His response, "maybe I'm not looking at what you are looking at...but all of it is definitely there."......
    I've heard of similar things happening.

Who was the taxidermist?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast