Thread: Bird Creek

Default Bird Creek

Well, was hoping to get the Grizz in for its first official exam today but ER Yamaha must have been closed or they weren't answering the phone. Went for a quick ride down at BC instead. Snow was pretty sugary but was able to get to the second valley. The snow slide in Bird Valley was quite a bit larger this year than in years past. There are trees down clear down at the bridges, with one being on the bridge. Not the best day as far as weather is concerned but any day riding is a good day!!
    EricL

Where is this trail located in Bird creek, I've heard good things about the trail but never have been able to find it.

Go past bird creek (where everybody fishes). when you come to the gas station, its like the 2 nd street past it on your left. Bird creek automotive is on the corner. Head down the dirt road and it dead ends at the trail head. Decent size parking lot.

When I got home from the ride, as I was backing the Grizz down the ramp, I almost found out the hard way that I had a tire go down. It almost pulled me off the ramp. When I loaded it up 30 minutes earlier, it was fine. I blew it up when I got it in the garage and today it is still fine. Not sure where I lost the air. I wiggled the valve stem all around thinking that might be the problem. Don't see any cuts anywhere on the tire. Anyone had this problem before? Maybe it is just time for some green slime!!
    EricL

I've seen this trail on maps but never heard anything about it from anyone. Can anyone fill me in on what kind of ride it is? How far back can you go and how are the trails? I have an 11 year old son that rides so I don't like to ride anything too aggressive with him.

A buddy and I were just out there today. It is a very easy ride for the most part especially right now as most mud holes are still frozen. There are areas that can be about an 8 on the technical scale. The snow slide in Bird Valley is the largest I have seen out there in several years. The main trail goes about 9 miles back. There are several off shoots from the main trail in which a couple of them 'Y' off several different times. There is a trail that runs up beside Penguin creek. I'm trying to find the end of that trail but the snow wouldn't allow it today. Maybe next time. If you PM me, I'll send you a copy of a map I just printed off showing todays ride and where I'd like to try to go...
    EricL

I'd like to check that trail out myself, I have a brown bear tag for that area and that area might be worth taking a look see.