Thread: 2003 Yamaha RX1 Mountian LE

Question 2003 Yamaha RX1 Mountian LE

I was thinking about buying this sled. Is it a good sled? It has 1300 miles on it. I thought it would be nice to get the 4 stroke. Thanks for the input.

They are a bit on the heavy side, but they are a good solid sled. I was one of the biggest naysayers about these sleds until I spent some time with one down in Valdez. They get around pretty good and it did just fine.

Palmer, AK

Plenty of power and they sip gas compared to anything else in the 150hp range, yes a bit heavy but my cousin manages his with a 162x16 and he is certainly not a big guy he just learned to throw his weight around and balance it. He also gets about 30% better fuel mileage than my 2 stroke 800.

Thumbs up Great sled, but not for beginners

I bought an '03 RX 1 Mountain as my first sled and I was repeatedly told how hard they were to ride. They are heavy, but I agree with the other replies that it is great on gas and that 998cc engine has all the power you could want. After riding all season, I can keep up with just about any of the 2 stroke lighter machines my buddies ride, but can ride longer compared to their gas mileage.

Thumbs up Mtn Vector 151"x2"

I just bought a Yammy 4 stroke and at first I thought maybe it wasn't for me. There was definitely a difference in the weight & pivot points than my 2 stroke Mtn Max and my wifes Ski-Doo. At first I tried to manhandle it and it chewed me up & spit me out. After awhile I found the right balance, trusted it a bit more and let the machine have at it! What a difference! I would say these are much better for experienced riders but I'm very happy with it. I know I'll never go back to a 2 stroke again.