Thread: Game Board Reauthorization of Antlerless Moose Hunt in the Delta Area

Default Game Board Reauthorization of Antlerless Moose Hunt in the Delta Area

The Game Board voted to reauthorize the antlerless moose hunt proposal for GMU 20D, in the Delta area. I believe the number that was discussed was about 500 antlerless moose. They ammended the Proposal to start the season on October 10th. Also, once again, the proposed harvest will target moose populations in various zones.

One thing that was discussed was that last year approximately 500 antlerless moose were taken in this area, in about 6 weeks, but that it in GMU 20A hunters were only able to harvest approximately 450 antlerless moose in about 6 months of open season.

I know that there were some negatives that came along with this hunt (calves harvested, crowding, some ATV abuse), but man...I have never seen so many moose or so much moose sign in my life. If there was ever an area that was truly overpopulated, this is the spot. I fully support this decision.

I'll be applying again for this hunt and the other Delta moose hunts. Hopefully get a tag this time.

Default Areas changed

The Donelly Dome/Coal Mine Road area will be closed for cow moose hunting in 2008 as harvest goals were met in that area with 325 [prox] taken. Cow hunts will be focused in two areas: 1. East of Jarvis Creek and South of Alcan 400 tags 2.North of Alcan and South of Tanana 200 tags......approximate boundaries only....please refer to regs.

There will also be small registration hunts in the high country East of Jarvis creek.

Cows without calves only.