Thread: Lift for Osage canoe

Default Lift for Osage canoe

wondering if anyone in Fairbanks makes lifts for the Osage canoes.........

Default Here is where I got mine

Hello thunder chicken1
    Here is a guy that is making the same lift I have for my Osage ( peteweaver@gmail.com) . I bought mine from jklingle, I think this guy bought the jigs from him and started making them. The lift works great, I have had my 15hp Johnson on it since I bought it. I have been very happy with mine.

Good luck and see ya on the river somewhere
    Alaskan

Pete also made one for me the end of September haven't used it yet, but he is a really nice guy and it was made well. A professional welding company in North Pole.

Default Pete is the man.

Yep. Pete bought my jigs, and I taught him everything I knew (took 11 seconds). Same goes for math. Well, actually, he is an engineer now and way beyond me, but, hey, I helped get him started.... He'll do right by you. Give him a holler. john

Default lift

I have had a lift on my 19 ft for 30 years an going strong started out with a 7.5 MERK. then went to a 15 OMC about 1980 have replaced the 15 an have lost one over board but still using one on it as of today if the water was soft an not hard right now
    SID

Default lift

I do not have an OSAGE canoe what I have is an GURMMAN 19 FT what I was commentating on was the lift they are graeat [sorry]
    SID