Thread: I've got a holster question....

Question I've got a holster question....

Murphy, you would be proud of me, I'm giving up the Glock and going to start carrying my 1911. Now I just need to find a level 3 basketweave holster as well as a good concealed holster rig. Any suggestions on where to look for the best deal? I found a Safariland SSIII on Galls for around $130 but they aren't known for good deals.

As far as carrying it concealed... It is quite a bit bigger than the Glock 26 I have been carrying so my tactics will have to change - inside/outside the pants, shoulder rig, etc....

Any suggestions?
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Just a suggestion..........

"Google" Kramer Handgun Leather. Look at the IWB #2 and #3 made of horse hide. I have been stuffing a 1911 in a #2 for a long time. Those screws are better then snaps and let you adjust to the belt you choose. The mouth of the holster will not collapse. I own 4 Kramer holsters. They are not cheap or cheaply made but, as you know, a good pistol demands a good holster and belt. Their double magazine pouch is a thing of beauty. Milt Sparks has a holster called the "Executive Companion". It is also a first class holster and my old Browning Hi Power sits in one. If you need a SS III for duty carry I have one that is in very good shape and I won't be using it any more. P.M. me and you can have it for 1/2 price and shipping.

Default milt sparks

I second the milt sparks recommendation. I am partial to the summer special.

Jake

Thanks .338 for helping me out with the SS III, I'm looking forward to getting it!

As far as carrying a 1911 concealed, is it comfortable wearing it inside the pants? That is how I carry my Glock 26 right now, but the 1911 is considerably bigger. I checked out Kramers stuff and it looks really nice. I need to put my hands on something though and try it out a bit before I commit to something. I was hoping to stay with an "in the pants" style or a high riding exterior holster so it would be easier to conceal.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I don't carry a 1911, but I really like my crossbreed supertuck IWB holster for my XD. You're more than welcome to stop by and take a look if you are insterested. Maybe I'll have my coyote back by then.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

Anyone try these from "LAW Concealment"?
    I've been thinking of giving one a try for my full size Witness.
    I carry it in an old Davis Leather IWB holster that was made for a 3" S&W K frame.
    Sounds strange but works pretty well. Very concealable with a loose untucked shirt.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default It depends....

I do not believe the 1911 is as wide as your Glock. It seems to be the grip area that is the pain in the butt when it comes to hiding the handgun. I am 6' 3" and never had a problem with a 1911 in a IWB, neither did my friend who is 5' 7". Buy the Kramer IWB #3 holster...........