Thread: Looking for a pup

Default Looking for a pup

As spring approaches, I am starting to think more and more about a new addition to the family. Truth be told, I am having help "remembering" that we need a new addition by my 13 year old daughter. It seems to be a constant conversation piece in our household.
    Here is what I would like to find, and if any of you know of a good option, feel free to pm me. As I am not currently active in any dog club activities I am a bit removed from who is breeding what at this point.
    I am going to stick with a lab. Color does not really matter, but prefer black. If yellow, I am not a fan of the rusts/reds, but go back to the first part, and that is color is not the priority. My priorities are as follows.
    The pup must come from solid foundation with great physiology. That means no hip, joint, early arthritis, eye, or any other known issue in the blood line. That includes allergies. I am looking for a dog for the long haul and have no interest in encountering any of the above problems. I would prefer a pup out of a repeat breeding.
    Second, this pup has to have a motor. A big block, full blown, nitrous injected heart. I want a dog that runs with style and courage.
    Let's not forget trainability, intelligence, and the attitude to learn. Not soft, but not so thick headed that every day is a battle.
    I still have not decided on the sex. If female, would like to end up with 60 +/- pounds, or a male at 75 +/- pounds.
    I have raised, trained, and bred labs since 1978. I was fully involved in field trials as a means to become a better trainer, spend more time with my dogs, and end up with better hunting companions. I currently have a 9 year old male, and hope to end up with another dog hunt ready before this old man can't hunt anymore. This past year was tough on him and he has slowed considerably.
    In my perfect world, it would be nice to end up with a pup about the middle to end of May as the kids and wife are out of school and can spend a lot of time with it. If you have any ideas let me know. Thanks

And you won't pay over $50 & it's gotta be born housebroken?

Randy Larson in North Pole has a litter of chocolate & black Lab pups that'll be ready to go Apr. 4th.
    Sire: High Sierra Drifter's Rocky (GMPR High Sierra Jazz's Drifter MH x Barracuda Blue Sara Express) (more info on his sire & dame at http://www.highsierralabradors.com)

Dam: Cache Creeks Landmark Abby (AFC,CFC,CAFC Chugach Hills Jazz's Rascal X HRCH Blk Forest Spring-Action Miss MH)

I too am looking for a pup, sort of. I currently own a black lab who's nearing his 10th birthday and I'd love to extend his bloodlines. He's a solid hunter/family dog, full pedigree, certified hips, and no signs of alleries or arthritis for nearly 10 years now. If anyone has a female from good stock who's considering breeding I'd love to get in touch.

Thanks

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Too bad you prefer a Lab. I know where there is a 10 month old Golden Retriever pup wanting for a new home as it's master just passed away. I have one of his litter mates and a teacher in my town has another one of his litter mates. The dog is in Oregon but they are looking for a good home for him.

Default Tollers

What do you dog-knowledgeable guys know about NS Duck Tolling retrievers and how they would do in Alaska?

Talking Pups

There is an ad under boats on Craigslist for a male black lab pup. The fella has a job now that will not allow him to keep. Sounds like a good deal and he wants it to have a birdy home. When you see the picture you will go get him. If I didn't have 4 already, I'd call him. All he is looking for is an adoption fee. Someone please take a look!

Default Pup

I don't see the ad anymore on craiglist but I did email the guy last night. This is what he had to say about the pups.

"The dogs are of an EXCELLENT line. I have the mother and she has all the right stuff... to put it in a nutshell. Pups pedigree puts it into an $800 value (not my own pricing; another experienced breeder).. I want to get $450."

Don't know why I can't find the ad anymore. Here is the guys email if anyone is interested. Hshooter@nwinet.com.
    Last edited by Hewey 260; 03-16-2008 at 10:45. Reason: Misspelling

Default labs

there is a couple still on craigslist, go to pets and type in labs.

Default pups

The ad is up on Craigslist again. He said he was having trouble and lost all emails sent in the last few days. Pretty little black lab male. Ad is under boats.

Default craigslist pups

The guy only put on male on craigslist because of their rules.

I met with him yesterday and he had 5 females and the male left (all black). I took one of the females and I'd bet he still has some left. The bloodline checks out with good to excellent hips. The mother was there and she is a good looking and high energy dog about 65lbs. The father is Max from L-N-R Kennels. Google L-N-R and you can see his picture.

24 hrs later I'm still happy with the new pup. I'm excited to have the increased dogpower and new dog to start fresh with.

Default my new lab

Forgot to mention they are 8 weeks old have their first shots and dew claws removed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

CNM testing??? PRA testing??? Do you have the entire pedigree?

Quote Originally Posted by LastFrontierLabs View Post
    CNM testing??? PRA testing??? Do you have the entire pedigree?
    No CNM or PRA testing that I know about. All I know is the parents are AKC registered and OFA tested.

In OFA search Satin-Satie's Nose Knows and Greatlands Sir Maximus. Call L-N-R Kennels to find out about CNM and PRA testing on Max's pedigree. The guy with the pups will be able to tell you more about Satie's pedigree. His email is shooter@nwinet.com

No need to call. I checked the database info.
    Good luck with your pup!