Thread: Gun stores in Fairbanks

Default Gun stores in Fairbanks

I'm driving to Fairbanks this weekend. Are there any good gun stores to checkout?
    Eagle River

Alaskan Gun and Ammo on 6th Ave. about a block east of Noble.
    Now what ?

Default Gunstore

Uh.....sportsmans and frontier have guns.....

Default gunstores

oh yeah....walmart and Ft Wainwright! if your in N.P. simpsons too....

Arctic gun works is a good store, he has a lot of nice Winchesters. It is located on Airport road behind the new Safeway, I think the street is Kalakaket.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    ........ if your in N.P. simpsons too....
    Who is this? Did you mean Sentry?
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Oh yeah i got them mixed up....

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Oh yeah i got them mixed up....
    Darn.......I was hoping that there was a new gun store in NP!
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Quote Originally Posted by doug carlo View Post
    Arctic gun works is a good store, he has a lot of nice Winchesters. It is located on Airport road behind the new Safeway, I think the street is Kalakaket.
    Yes, this is correct. I'm heading over there on the way to work this morning to pick up a Winchester that I just bought for my wife as a matter of fact. I got her a Winchester 1300 Ranger Lady's/Youth 12-gauge shotgun w/Winchoke system. Looks like the best shotgun for a lady ...the stock is not just cut off to fit a woman/youth, but the action is fast, the slide further aft, the pistol grip slimmed down and moved closer to the trigger, AND the butt stock is slimmer and shorter ...hope she likes recoil!

Brian

Too bad we lost Frontier Sporting Goods yrs. back and Down Under Guns. The "stores" are not many in Fbks. and the ones available have been mentioned. Frank over at Sportsmans Warehouse showed me a 470NE dbl. and what a gun! Price tag too! almost $11,000.00-was dreaming when I held that and could only imagine the ownership of something that nicely built. Quickly handed that back, no way was I going to look and figure how to own that-sorry Frank here, he just laughed. Good guy.

Default Buying guns

You think thats bad, try buying a gun in Hawaii...or even just possesing a gun there...Gotta love Alaska!!!

Default D.U.G

I miss Down Under Guns. I really like the fact that you could walk in and browse most rifles/shotguns, just pick them up and fondle them if you want. Now you have to wait for someone to ask if you want to see something and then have them stand in front of you trying to get you to buy.