Thread: Couple_Mate

Default Couple_Mate

Anybody use these ? I have to move around so much crap to get to trailers ,This might save me alot of getting in and out of the truck . Anybody know where to get on in town ?

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1009&r=view
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Last year at the Sportsman's Show someone (6 Robb Lee?) was selling a pair of the colored fiberglass rods mounted on magnets. One went on your truck hitch, one on the trailer. You could see them through the back window, and align them more easily. When the poles got together (within some inches), you were set. Never tried them either, but seemed an interesting solution.

Chris

Default I got one.

I would not waste my time. I have it somewhere and will sell it to you cheap. A problem that I encountered was that the space between the vertical "wing" and the ball was too close and will not fit a HD boat trailer and some other trailers as there is a lip on the part that the ball goes into. The trailers that I found it work nicely was smaller stuff like snowmachine trailers and utility trailers but I just move those around by hand after I get my truck close. I also have the Schuck hitch and it is very nice, much nicer. In fact, it is more spendy but was worth it in my opinion. I don't use it now though because my truck is a half ton and the ball is too low to pull my boat level. You can check that out here.
    http://www.schuckhitches.com/features.htm If you want to see it, I can show it to you.

Mark

I have a set of the magnetic fiberglass rods that Six-roblies sells, and they work great. One rod sits on top of the ball, and the other goes onto the trailer coupler. When backing, you just steer to keep the two rods lined up. When the ball moves under the coupler, the couple pushes the rod off the ball and you know to stop. Works like a charm every time.

Roger... if your truck wasn't so far up in the air it would be much easier

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Roger... if your truck wasn't so far up in the air it would be much easier
    Ya know I have to have it that high , The way the banks of the Big Su change , If I had a standard size truck . I think it would start floating before my boat gets off the trailer. I have seen some guys down there where I launch my boats in the river the water was almost up to the floor boards on their trucks before their boat was floating
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!