Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sweetest Tent Ever!!!!

Default The Sweetest Tent Ever!!!!

Well my new Hilleberg Allak came in yesterday and I was like a child at X-Mas. The wife dropped it off at work and I just had to set it up immediately to check it out. The workmanship of this tent is unbelievable! I love the reinforced pole sleeves as opposed to lining up grommets and poles, it sets up very fast and is rock solid when erected. It has many avenues for venting from the top and the sides. I may have just found the ultimate mountain tent for 2 guys and for the same weight as many 3 season tents.You Hilleberg guys werent kidding when you said that Hilleberg makes the best tents! The only thing I wish it had more of than it does is the vestibules, if they stuck out a foot more it would sure make stowing gear a more organized event. But since the vestibule is actually supported by one of the poles it is what it is and has plenty of room for pack,boots and whatever else. I cant wait to get it out in the woods.

Congrats Cub, Iv'e had the Nallo2 out twice since I got it in the last month and feel the same way.

I Know that I am very happy I decided to get the Hilleberg Kaitum. It is roomy, and I like the double entryway both to eleiminate condensation and for gear storage. They really think of everything.

Default Pics of the New Hilleberg Allak

Well I finally got the new Hilleberg Allak outside so I could play with it and take some pics for those of you that might be considering one of these. Because I can only post like 3 pictures per thread here on ODD I am attaching a link to another forum where I was able to list all the pics in one thread, just easier.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr.../1#Post2068358

I checked out their webpage and dang, there's like 50 different models of tents to choose from. Almost enough for me to rip my hair out since I'm in the market for a new tent as well for this fall.

I hear ya Matt, I was losing my mind trying to decide, and even had some personal interaction with Petra Hilleberg to help me in my decision making. The Kaitum was what I almost got but right in the end the Allak won me over. The mesh bag idea that can be filled with rocks to help stake down the Tunnels where this no good staking ground was a good idea but the fact that the Allak is rock solid without stakes is what did it for me. I can pitch this bad boy on the spine of a mountain and in design it will take whatever ma nature throws at it. (Not that I would pitch it on the spine). I got a catalog with all their products that came with my tent and was almost already thinking ooh thats my next one...grin They make some great stuff no doubt, but **** it all cost some serious coin!

Congrats on the new tent Cub, those Europeans got it down when it comes to making killer tents!!

Default Not gonna lie

I'm a little jealous

Does that tent have two identical vestibules? It does look pretty sweet!

Default Nice!

Sweeeeet Tent!!!! I like the color....RED! Seriously, you can spot it from a distance, and never lose sight of it even from afar....might have to get one.

Default Sick

That's a sick tent. How much is the complete packed weight?

Can a 6'5 guy fit comfortably?
    Marc Theiler

Is there a way to change my settings to ignore Alaskacub? Reading his post's is getting EXPENSIVE!!! If I could eliminate posts from him and snyd (perhaps Brian too...stupid raft...) then I wouldn't know about all the cool stuff that I just "CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT"!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Is there a way to change my settings to ignore Alaskacub? Reading his post's is getting EXPENSIVE!!! If I could eliminate posts from him and snyd (perhaps Brian too...stupid raft...) then I wouldn't know about all the cool stuff that I just "CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT"!!!
    Ha!
    That's funny, LuJon.
    Roland has become THE gear guy.
    If and when he gets the carbon fiber tooth brush, we know he's officially gone too far; and probably gonna be divorced!

Just kidding, R.
    Sweet tent, bro. Overnight camp in that jewel and post your take....

Frank

Right on! And you got the nice bright visible red one!

Oh, and it sure has been fun helping spend your money!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Yes it does have two identical vestibules one on each side.And its 91" long inside so the tall guys will like that.

Absolutely went red over green, its so nice to be far away and up high and see that little jewel you call home and the animals cant tell the difference.

Not gonna lie guys, its sweet but Lujon....remember, I sold 3 tents, 3 rifles,1 sleeping bag all my reloading stuff, even some ammo to get this bad boy and some other goodies I am working on and it took me a while to buy those other 3 tents, rifles, reloading stuff etc. I am getting to where I dont want a bunch of stuff I dont use, but really good stuff I use regulalrly, if that makes any sense. Do I need 10 guns when I only hunt with 3? Anyway thats my story and I am sticking to it....grin

Default Weight

What is the packable weight and cost?
    Marc Theiler

6 lb 6 oz, retail for it is $670 heres the link to Moontrails website and the Allak info

http://www.moontrail.com/hilleberg-allak.php

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    I hear ya Matt, I was losing my mind trying to decide, and even had some personal interaction with Petra Hilleberg to help me in my decision making. The Kaitum was what I almost got but right in the end the Allak won me over. The mesh bag idea that can be filled with rocks to help stake down the Tunnels where this no good staking ground was a good idea but the fact that the Allak is rock solid without stakes is what did it for me. I can pitch this bad boy on the spine of a mountain and in design it will take whatever ma nature throws at it. (Not that I would pitch it on the spine). I got a catalog with all their products that came with my tent and was almost already thinking ooh thats my next one...grin They make some great stuff no doubt, but **** it all cost some serious coin!

I like the Hilleberg tents very much, but settled on the Kaitum and am very glad that I did. I would suggest that you pitch it and try it in the rain a couple of days in the near future to make sure that it is exactly what you want. Petra is very good to work with and would probably work with you if you had any second thoughts on another style. I am sure that it will be water and weatherproof, but would want to check out condensation in inclimate weather.

Default I tried a Moderator thing....

and merged two threads. This one and the other one about Cubs new Allak. I think it actually worked!

Perry
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Congrats

Congrats on the Hilleberg. I'm a believer in them after having gotten the Kaitum last year. After craming two people into a NF two person tent, for the same weight my Kaitum is roomier, more weatherproof, and tougher. Looking at your pictures it looks as though the Kaitum has more room in the vestibules? I probably would have gotten the Allak had they been available last year because I was sceptical of the tunnel tent. I'm now a believer.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast