Thread: Ice huts for rent in Fairbanks & Anchorage

Default Ice huts for rent in Fairbanks & Anchorage

If this is not allowed I am sorry. I am not trying to rent anything at this time just looking for feedback. I am thinking about buying an ice fishing trailer. They are basicly enclosed trailers that can be cranked down onto the ice. They would have beds/stove/restroom. Basicly a camper that has like eight holes to fish out of. They can be taken any where. I was thinking about renting it out on the weekends or days that I would not be using it. I am thinking about $100 a night (not quite sure) and have a deal for more than one night/on the weekdays and a military discount. I would pull it to any of the lakes around the anchorage area or fairbanks. Basically any where you could drive to with a truck I could bring it there. Would anyone be interested in renting it when I was not using it. Please let me know because I would be interested. I will take all opionons price and whatever. I know these things get rented down in Minnesota all the time. I figure it cost me $80 a night in the motel and $15 to rent the state hut. I would sooner just stay out on the ice and fish all night.
    Thanks in advance,
    Tim
    P.S. if feedback is good I would defenitly advertise on this site.
    Last edited by cool_husker; 03-05-2008 at 21:11. Reason: Adding something

No one has a comment on this? Looking for some feedback.
    Thanks,
    Tim

Ok I'll comment. IF i knew such a service existed I'd rent it. Still if I had to plan around when you WEREN'T using it that might not work as well. I have a feeling rentees would be almost last minute and if I was you that would drive me nuts. Thinking I was free on friday and then someone calling to rent it and wants it on long lake.

So I would limit which lakes it would go to. I have a feeling you could just say, big lake, long lake and one other and get just as much biz.

Don't know how much money you could actually make.

I bet I would rent it 2X a year.

You might have to throw in the use of an auger and gear too. Then you would get more non-icefishers that want to do something to get the fishing jones cured.

I would consider renting one for a weekend. Big lake, long lake, the other long lake, hidden lake and lake louise would be the lakes I would be willing to spend the money for.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

I am thinking I may buy two if the interest is good. One in Fairbanks/Delta area and one down in anchorage area. My sister-in-laws brother lives in anchorage so I would have him take care of it. I would have the one in anchorage for rent all the time. I am thinking I get someone to rent for the weekend and they tell me which lake and what time they want to be there on friday or sat. (or any days)I drop it off, drill the holes and turn on the heat. Or if it is already there I drill the holes and turn on the heat. The other route is they pick it up in anchorage and rent it for x amount of days. I will probably provide all the equipment. That way you take it where you want and put it where you want. It has a two inche ball and it basically a camper that cranks down on the ice. Still interested in more feedback and thanks for the feedback so far.

Don't forget to factor in insurance and maintenance costs.

Default I would probably rent one on quartz or birch lake

But I'm not sure if I would be able to pay $100 dollars a night, the ice shacks are only $15 I know they don't compare in quality, but $100 a night would be tough on me and my family. I think you would probably have takers on Harding as well. ( more money there anyway)

For $100/nt, it better include a carpeted floor, heater, bunks / seating, lighting, cooler, auger, equipment, bait etc... after all, you can rent a fully furnished cabin in most places for under a $100.

This is a great idea, but it really needs to be of value to the user / consumer. In Minnesota, you can actually rent ice-fishing 'huts' that come equipped with carpet, electricity (generator), bunks, TV, micro-fridge, heater, etc... it's very much a social thing down there.

Remember, when it's -10 below outside, you need to make it sound appealing / fun / and easy.

Just my $.02

Default Thanks

I love the feedback. I figured the price is about what I pay to go fishing at Quartz if I stay the night in a hotel. $85 for the room and $15 for the state ice hut. It appears though that I probably need and outfitter permit. I am not sure how to get that or what it takes. I also was thinking I could just rent as a camper and the customer can use it how he wants. Basically a pull behind camper w/ 2in. ball that can be cranked down flat on the ice. I would be getting one that had beds to spend the night and stove and probably a restroom as well since I know my wife would enjoy that more that the public one. Please more feedback.
    Thanks again,
    Tim

Bump to the top