Thread: Boresighters, rifle slings and other tools and accessories

Default Boresighters, rifle slings and other tools and accessories

Just recently I purchased a Leupold Zeropoint illuminated boresighter. Haven't used it yet. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations or comments on preferred boresighters that they use. Also rifle slings or other tools and accessories to enhance the rifle shooting and owning experience. I like the Butler Creek neoprene slings, comfortable on your shoulder when carrying your rifle long distances.
    What do you folks consider are absolute necessities in regard to shooting tools and accessories, what are your recommendations; makes/models, etc ? Thanks

Default Butler Creek

neoprene slings - been using them for years and now are about the only sling I use on my sheep rifles period.

In my shooting bag, at all times I carry the Illuminated Zero point, the Leupold Multi tool, a set of Brownells gunsmith screwdrivers (with thin bits and torx). I sharpied my name on the Brownells box since folks at the range are always borrowing it.

Default Shooting rest

I have always wanted a rifle shooting rest, which ones should I consider. There are so many on the market. Any recommendations? Thanks

Default Sling Stix???

While shopping for a sling for my wife's new Tikka I finially ran across the sling stix www.slingstix.com at Sportsmans. I had seen the comercial and it seemed like one of those to "good to be true" gadgets but I couldn't resist. I asked a few people there and couldn't find anyone with any experience using them. The guy working said they couldn't keep them on the shelves but no one had brought them back but that was the extent of his knowledge.

Has any one used these or know anyone who has? I got them home and they seemed ok on the kitchen table. Haven't taken them to the range yet though. I probably should have posted this $50 ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukalpiaq View Post
    I have always wanted a rifle shooting rest, which ones should I consider. There are so many on the market. Any recommendations? Thanks

Caldwell Lead Slead