Thread: 300 WSM Data

Question 300 WSM Data

I have a Tikka T3 in 300 WSM and I'm looking for some reloading data for a 165 grn bullets. I have tried the factory Fusion 165 grn bullets and they shot like crap. I was just wondering if any Tikka owners have any good proven data for 165 grn bullets that would be willing to share. Heck anybody. Thanks

I dont have a Tikka but I got a Savage in 300WSM. If you are still interested email me at snobored345@hotmail.com and I will give you the data I have for my 165 loads. Do you got any 180/200gr bullets/data???

Take a look at the following link, It may give you some direction to go.

http://www.reloadersnest.com/frontpa...?CaliberID=244

md

Tikka owners have any good proven data for 165 grn bullets

Yes! But I don't feel comfortable giving out my recipe, simply because I really think folks need to go through the load work up process to see what load works in your rifle. What works in mine doesn't mean it will in yours and a load that may be safe in my rifle, may not be in yours.

Okay, that said and out of the way, here's the components I used for my hunting load...and quite frankly, my most consistently accurate load so far. Winchester cases (primer pocket uniformed and flash hole deburred), Hodgdon H4350, Federal 215 match primers (regular 215's are fine), and 165gr TSX bullets. Per Barnes instructions I used the standard x bullet data out of the Barnes #3 manual and then added 2grs to that data as the "max" load for the tsx. Then I started somewhere around 64.0 grs and worked up in half grain increments until I got to the published max load. I will say that I'm somewhere near the "max" load. Actually sitting in a nice sweet spot...the load a half grain lower and half grain higher are almost as tight as where I'm at now...if I do my part, I can completely cover a three shot group with a quarter...best group so far can be covered with a nickle. Velocity is around 3065fps. Very happy with it.

Other 165gr bullets I've loaded for my tikka are the Hornady Interbonds and Swift Sirocco II's. I used RL19 when I worked those up. The Interbonds shot rather well...even considering their crooked tips. The Siroccos were a pain in the butt. Surprising since my Tikka has shot just about everything put down the tube quite well. I'm going to go back and try them with the H4350 next. I've also worked up some plinking loads with 168gr Sierra Matchkings. Cool thing is, they have the same point of impact as my tsx at 100yd and are fairly close at 300yds, so I don't have to mess with scope when I switch loads.