Thread: Laser Cast Bullets

Default Laser Cast Bullets

I am looking for some lower priced cast bullets for mass quantity reloading for .454 and .38 calibers. Does anyone use these or have any other recommendations for bulk buy bullets? I normally shoot and carry CP, but would like to find something cheaper for shooting.
    ..."Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions." - G.K. Chesterton

I've used a lot of the standard plain base Laser Cast bullets, and have found them to be of reasonably good quality. I've never tried their premium offerings.

Roger's Better Bullets is located ten minutes from my office, and i've found them very comparable to Laser Cast so I use them almost exclusively for range shooting.

Shipping is a major part of the cost of bullets.

The bullets from Leadhead or Cast Performance would be my preference for more serious shooting.

Default Buying cast bullets

Find someone who will ship them in the USPS flat rate boxes. You can ship 500 or 1000 bullets- up to 70 lbs. - for $8.75 anywhere in the US. I ship a lot back to myself when I go down to the lower 48.

Only downfall is that your postman will hate your guts when he has to deliver them. My old postman blessed me out and told me he hurt his shoulder deleivering some of my heay boxes. I kinda felt sorry for him but he wasn't very helpfull anyway. I open the garage door for my new postamn and let him drop them off in the garage right out of his truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob C View Post
    Shipping is a major part of the cost of bullets.

Default Bullets

There are at least two guys locally that cast and sell bullets. I haven't priced them against Laser Cast, but I imagine they may be competitive when you factor in shipping. Perhaps worth a try.

One is Lee Stoner up in the valley. 376-9488. stonerls@mtaonline.net

Other is Arnie of Arnie's Ammo. 332-3156.

I have dealt with both, quite pleasantly, and have gone back for more. Will continue to buy from them.

Chris

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    There are at least two guys locally that cast and sell bullets. I haven't priced them against Laser Cast, but I imagine they may be competitive when you factor in shipping. Perhaps worth a try.

I have dealt with both, quite pleasantly, and have gone back for more. Will continue to buy from them.

Chris
    Me too.
    I look them up at the gunshows.
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Lasercast are pretty hard. They'll work pretty well in a 454 but at 38 velocities they are going to lead on you. I'd try to find something a bit softer for sanity's sake with the 38.

Default Local cast bullets

Can any of these guys could supply unsized and unlubed bullets? I much prefer the old Alox - beeswax fromulation rather the extemely hard stiff all of them use conveniance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post

Chris

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

tvfinak:
    I'm sure they could, and know of no reason why they wouldn't. You could contact them.
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.