Thread: Nikon Monarch

Default Nikon Monarch

I just bought a Nikon Monarch 2.5-10X42 for a new rifle and was hoping to get some feedback about this scope. I have never used a Nikon before and was curious on its performance.

Thanks

I've had several Nikon scopes over the years. I think Leupold still has the best eye relief of any scope I've used, but I've got no complaints about the various Nikons I've owned.

I've got the new 2.5-10x Monarch on my .338 Ultra. I haven't had it all that long, but so far, it seems like a great scope. I got it free from Nikon, when my old 2-7x fogged up (internally) this past fall. I bought the 2-7x used, and I had it for more than 10 years, when I sent it in. I can't complain about the customer service I received from Nikon. They were fast and treated me very well.

How would you compare the optical quality to those in its class such as the zeiss conquest, and vx-III?

I've looked at the Zeiss Conquest scopes in the store, but I've never used one.

I own a couple of VX-III's in the 3.5-10x variety. I prefer the eye relief on the Leupolds; it seems longer and more forgiving. As far as brightness and clarity, though, the Nikon Monarch seems to be right on par with the the VX-III. Thats the way it looks to my eye anyway.

Default I have the same scope

Just bought it at Sportsmans Whorehouse I really like it, but haven't scoped anything but trees and the inside of the store with it yet. I did compare the optics between it and a Lepould VXII, and the Nikon was the clear winner, but then you are comparing top end Nikon with mid level Lepould.

Do you know if you can mount with low rings or if you have to use medium. It is going on a CZ 550. Also, does anyone know any websites that give reviews about this scope?

Default Nikon

I have 2 Nikon scopes and never had a problem with them. I bought my 4X12 and put it on my 338 WM about 6 years ago, when my Lepoud fogged. I have since put it on my 7MM and put a new 3X9 on my 338WM. The 3X9 has plenty of eye relief, but the 4X12 had busted me a couple time with my 338WM. I love the Nikon and dont think you can get better glass for the cash.

Terry