Thread: The RMK Xr project.

Default The RMK Xr project.

Here are is a before and after pic of my 03 rmk. I broke the steering post off a while back so I decided to install a steering post off a 04 pro xr race sled. Last weekend was my first trip out with it and everything worked great The riding postion is exactly what i wanted and it is now a pleasure to ride standing up with youer weight in the center of the sled. I still have some bugs to work out and some finish work on the hood and cowling but that stuff can wait for summer. I had to grind away alot more of my bulk head than I would have liked to so I really wont knoe if the project was a success till I get more miles on it. I dont know yet if I would do this again due to the fact that I had to make some very perminent changes to the sled. But it is a pleasure to ride so as long as everything works good I will be happy I did it.
    Before

After

Wow, I imagine you aren't very short with a bar setup like that!! So you had to grind your bulkhead because you installed a Pro xr steering post? Gotta admit, it looks kinda goofy to me but if you like the way it rides now, thats what counts. A couple more pics of what you had to do and a couple more angles of whats going on might help...

Yeah they look normal with a windsheald and I would like to put one on but I know it would not take me long to break it so it is just not worth it. Yeah the new post goes over the engine and to clear the engine I had to grind into the bulk head. I would have liked to have ben able to look at a pro xr before I started the project because they do put the same engine in the mod sleds and the chasies are very simlilar but I did not get a oprotunity to. I will try to get some more pics posted soon. For me it is the best posible rider position with the edge chassie and for the amount I have into the sled I dont think I could have a better sled now.

Ouch, watch out for that gascap.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

I did not knowtice that at all riding it but now that I looked at the pic I see what your saying! On a side note Marv1 I saw on another thread you ride a 08 600 rmk. I am thinking about downsizing to try to save some fuel so I am curious how many miles you typically get per tank. On a good tank I can do around 80 but last weekend I was bone dry after 45. That was a little rich and not much trail riding just playing but it is horrible. I think i could handle loosing 15 horse for better fuel consumption.