Thread: Barrel De-Resonator

Default Barrel De-Resonator

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these Barrel De-Resonator's?? I have seen them in cabelas, midway and on many guns in magizines and hunting shows. Just curious....

RidgeRunner76

Tried one on a sub MOA rifle and could not detect any noteworthy improvement in accuracy. Talked with their tech folks and in general they said the biggest difference would be noted on the most inaccurate rifles (b/o poor bedding, etc.). Anyway, my experience on only one accurate rifle - I have not subsequently tried it on perhaps a better test platform. I will be interested to see what others have found.

snagged on everything, no better accuracy, a water and rust magnet. Don't waste your money. You can try mine for free.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by shphtr View Post
    Tried one on a sub MOA rifle and could not detect any noteworthy improvement in accuracy. Talked with their tech folks and in general they said the biggest difference would be noted on the most inaccurate rifles (b/o poor bedding, etc.). Anyway, my experience on only one accurate rifle - I have not subsequently tried it on perhaps a better test platform. I will be interested to see what others have found.
    This totally makes sense to me. None of the bench-rest guys at my gun club use them or put much creedence in them. They all feel that good barrels, bedded actions and light crisp triggers make for accuracy.

Woody