Thread: anybody tune cam lean on bowtech tomkat before??

Default anybody tune cam lean on bowtech tomkat before??

Did any body else have this problem?
    I noticed this when I was paper tuning bow i had to max out rest to left and acording to the paper still need som left.
    in pictures atached i put two arrows flat against the wheels one side then on the other side.
    since both cabels are on one side i can't just crank up one cabel to straiten out becuese there on same side anyway.
    bow shoots okay out to about 40 yards but you can really see difrens between bh and field tips out beyond 40 becuase the rest is not far enough left.
    any body have experiance with this problem or should i just take to dealer?
    it sucks most becuase when i bought bow i never did fill out warranty card so I'm pretty sure i don't have any warranty
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure cam lean is the problem. Go to http://www.huntersfriend.com/ask-jake.htm an explain what you have. Jake will walk you through what ever adjustment needed.

Never owned a Bowtech but taking a hard look at their airborne models.

Good luck

Thanks for the site I just bought the General can't wait to try it out but would still like to have the Tomkat for backup thanks again great site

Hi my name is chad i can help you with your problem. When i comes to bowtechs like the tomkat, they are always going to have a little bit of lean in the cams but there are tricks u can do to minimize the effects and have an almost perfectly tuned bow.
    1. center your rest with the seam line on the back of your grip, I have paper tuned literaly 100 tomkats almost immediatly perfectly with the arrow on the rest in the up and ready position aligned with the string to the center of the seam on the back of the grip and then down the arrow. i hope that makes sense.
    2. I am willing to help u figure out the problem i need some of you bow setup info first like: Tomkat year model,Poundage,draw length, arrow length and spine and field tip weight, hopefully nothing less than 100 grains, what broadheads and are u shooting the practice blades or the razor blades, they do fly alot different...
    3. Out past 40 yards it might be you if the bow is tuned properly but not being there to see you shoot it its really hard to tell so lets hope for the best...
    4. I cannot stress enough about center shot, it is very important in whether or not you will hit or miss at any range, the trick with lining the rest with the string to the center of the back seam of the grip is the trick.Then if i havent messed u up enough already go ahead and check your grip on the bow handle, are u torqueing the bow does the bow rock side to side in your hand alot when u hit you let-off, you have to check yourself before anything... Good luck and send me a reply with your bow setup info so i can help u out some more -Chad

I'm shooting a 06 model set at 70lbs, aprox 29.5 inch draw,
    26inch 55-70 lb.cabelas arrows
    used for practice mostly feild tips but tried my bh which are Wac-em Tritons.
    i used to have a pse and the feild tips and these bhs were right on because there very low profile and the bow was paper tuned so if the bow is tuned these bhs will group the same.
    I agree about the long distant shots being my feult because if u notice on the photo i started using a a scopelevel thing enstead of peap and that thing is not as acuaret as the peep becuase it allows more play
    the reason i started using it is because the peep wouldn't stop rotating
    i tried twisting the string one way and the other but it seamed to stop half way only.the string are kinda frayd and the cabels are worn out
    I am currently going to order some knew strings and cabels and will resume tuning then.
    by the way i centered the rest and the tear in paper got even worse about 1 1/4 thanks for tips tho

Default Cam Lean perhaps

It is hard to tell form your photo. And I don't want to panic you but check your riser make sure it is not bent.