Thread: 2003 mountain cat 570f

Default 2003 mountain cat 570f

would this be a good sled for me?? im 5' 3" and weigh 105 lbs also how fast would it go? it is listed at 70 horsepower

Default yes

for your size that sled will haul, it will probably do 65 no problem, lots of good low end power, not a ton of top end, but with the 136 track it's the best of both worlds. Most people make the mistake of buying a machine that's not enough for them in 2-3 years, then they have to sell the one they have and move up, most people do this at least twice. My advice buy the most machine you can now, your experience level will grow into it. the AC 570 weighs about 560 lbs, most other new machines weight that same amount even the new 800's. You'd be better off buying a 600-800 AC with liquid cooling for about the same money, and same year. but if you decide to go with the 570 it's a darn good machine, with less worry than a liquid cooled, it's just never going to go as fast or as far up the hill.

Default Good Sled

I have this exact sled. Or I should say my wife has this exact sled. It is a good sled, goes anywhere and plenty of power. Although I have never tried a speed run to see how fast it is, I'm guessing 65-70 is correct.
    I also have a 600 Mt Cat that is bullet proof. The never fails to start and has run like a top since I bought it new in late 01. The 570 can be a bit tempremental sometimes when starting. If it has not run for awhile. Once it fires though, usually not a problem.

thanks for your advice there is one on craigslist for 2700 obo with 880 miles do you think that is a good deal??

Quote Originally Posted by BAR300 View Post
    the AC 570 weighs about 560 lbs, most other new machines weight that same amount even the new 800's.
    Most new mountain sleds are under 500 lbs. Even my M1000 weights right at 500 lbs.

Trout-Fisher if you plan to do some hunting or ice fishing then the fan cooled sled may be better for you. Just depends on what your riding will entail

well i do quite a bit of boondocking and a little bit of mountain riding i just want a sled with paddles over 1 inch

Default 570 cat

Wife has that machine and enjoys it very much. Honestly I have had alot of fun on it also when my 800 has been broken. Ours tops out about 60, won't climb the huge hills, but rides the deep powder well. Fun sled, been reliable, but if you need power keep looking. We paid $ 3400, in 2003 & had 150 miles on it.

Default another one on C-list this am

I think I saw another one on Craigslist this am for about $1500. Also my brother has one he totaled that he might part with

thanks i will look into that

or would a mtn. cat 600 last me longer so i wouldnt have to upgrade?

If you could come up with another $1200 ($3900) I could be talked out of my 159" 04 8oo EFI mountain cat. It has about 550 miles or so on it. Bateryless EFI is the way to go on the cats! Mine starts 2nd pull every time. with the EFI the first pull sets the power for the electronic injection and second fires it.(minus accesories in pic but with like new cover and new hitch)

i dont want anything bigger than a 600

Totally understand but I will say after moving to sleds from dirt bikes the added horsepower is totally different. On a bike it is the horsepower that tosses you off on a sled it is the extra grunt that gets you out of trouble. You have to go faster in order to climb a hill in the 600 that I can just use the grunt of the 800 to climb at a slower speed. You can allways use less power than your sled has but you can never use more than it has to give! I would honestly be pretty heartbroken if I let it go anyway.

Default 800 all the way

I totally agree with LuJon. I went from a 600 EFI AC powder Special to 800 EFI AC Mountain Cat this year. I ride in the same areas as I did the 600. I often use half the throttle but am thankful for the extra horses in the deep and steep and when stumbling on the occassional overflow. I wish I would have bought an 800 when I got the 600. By the way, the 600 is for sale. '99, roughly 1500 miles, 136x2 track, simmons flexi skis. I take great care of my sleds. I am the second owner, bought it from family.