Thread: DS132 Peters Creek or Pioneer Peak

Default DS132 Peters Creek or Pioneer Peak

I am a new member and was fortunate enough to win the DS132 tag for this fall. I plan to do a lot of scouting this summer especially in the headwaters of Peters Creek. Looks like some rough country in there with lots of inaccessible places a big ram would hang out.

I prefer to take the route over Bombardment Pass from the Eagle River valley. Does anyone know if there is a public accessible trailhead off of Prudhoe Bay Road? I do not want to trespass and am willing to contact local landowners to request access if crossing private land is required.

I will also scout out Pioneer Peak ridge. I am very excited about this opportunity and have already began climbing the hills near my house. Looks like you all have a great forum here, and I have learned a lot already by reading the different threads!

Thanks in advance for any information you care to share.

It is possible to access the headwaters of Peters Creek from Prudhoe Bay Road but would require local landowner permission. If I recall correctly that land owner is a member of this forum so hopefully he will make contact with you regarding crossing his property.