Thread: Need someone to reload some bullets for me $$

Default Need someone to reload some bullets for me $$

I have two zip loc bags full of .460 rowland brass and i need it to be reloaded for me. The brass has never been shot and needs the primer, gun powder, and the bullets. If anyone can reload this for me pm me, i am willing to buy all the needed parts to do this and will pay someone to do it. thanks, i dont really know how much anyone would want but if anyone wants to do this for me pm me with a price thanks for looking

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

IMO I believe the liability outweighs anything else.

If your willing to buy the parts, it would not take much for you to reload them yourself.
    Sounds to me you may be ready to start reloading.

lee reloading press + reloading book $20

http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=6536&dir=

Digital reloading scale $39

http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=7201&dir=

--

everything else that you would have to get even if someone else loaded them for you would be dies, bullets, powder and primers

The trickiest part of loading ammo for a semi auto is getting the taper crimp right. But it is easy to learn. I first started loading ammo when I was 16. A friend of mine and I bought the reloading equipment together and we learned from the directions in the speer reloading manual. Between the ages of 16 and 18 we loaded for 338 win mag, 30-06, 300 win mag, 243, 9mm, 357, 44 mag and 223.

Here is a couple neat kits too.http://www.leeprecision.com/html/catalog/rlpress2.html
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

thanks murphy for the offer but im in anchorage, i think i want to start to reload but i dont have much room b/c i live in an apartment. anything small that would suit this kind of space and easy to store?

Ditto what has already been said. You could have everything in one relatively small box. Your press, couple boxes of projectiles, reloading manual, can of powder, dies and scale. I would almost guarantee you could get it all into a Sorrel boot box. All you would need are a pair of C-clamps to clamp the press to the kitchen table, and a square of 3/8" plywood about 6 inches on its side to go under the press to keep from marring the table.

You know how I know? I have been doing exactly that for 20 years. I started out with a cheapo RCBS Partner press I bought for $25.95, an RCBS manual scale, and a set of dies for my 8x57.

We all started somewhere, time for your first step....
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

The lee hand press kit.

That is why I use the lee hand press. I can use it anywhere. I have done a lot of case resizing while watching a movie. Or if it is nice and sunny I'll reload in the dining room.

It is plenty strong for anything I do. I have loaded a couple thousand rounds through it and it is still going good.

If by chance one day it does go cuput I'll just get another one.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

man you fellas are on task! I was curious to read this thread and can read "litigation" or "liability" right off. You need to and don't take me wrong but get into reloading, it calms the beast in us all and gives opportunity to have "quiet" time with great study-does me anyways.

Man, the cost of factory fodder is just too much for me....but so is reloading gear-ha. So many nice toys for the bench and down the road what a marvel it is to "gaze" at your hobby. Understanding your firearm can also come quite easily by getting the fundamentals of reloading bullets and getting them to do what you want them to do.

best regards,

Thumbs up

Very well said Grizz 106...you are right on!!

Default Ammo shop

There was a guy at the Palmer gunshow that I believe was offering to load up speciality ammo for a fee. I've never had any dealings with the fello but here is his website.

http://www.ptialaska.net/~amosmith/

Good luck!

too bad STI, Murph could have given some excellent insight with his years and hours of reloading. To be coached by someone of his experience would have been a good thing.

regards,