Thread: Crossbow

Default Crossbow

I have hunted with compound for several years and had to miss hunting with a bow last season because of a shoulder injury. Had my second shoulder surgery a few months ago and its not looking likely I will be able to hunt with my compound again this year.

I am considering purchasing a crossbow and wanted to see if their were any crossbow users out there. Was interested in some recommendations for a mid-level crossbow. I plan on going back to the compound once my shoulder is good so I am not looking to by a really high dollar set up. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks

i'm going to guess that you are hunting an area open for rifle not a limited access (archery only area or hunt) as crossbows can not be used in archery only areas or hunts.
    hope your shoulder heals up rapidly so you can get back to shooting your compound. Work at the physical therapy exercises as you can.
    good luck.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default crossbow

I was actually considering submitting a method and means exemption form. I am still hopeful that my shoulder will heal by then but its something I am considering in case it doesn't.