Thread: Nelchina caribou sighting

Default Nelchina caribou sighting

Curious if any one has been out the last few days and if they have seen any Nelchina caribou. I am dabating Hicks creek, cole creek, suide lakes or back to Eureeka. Has anyone been on the Denali highway the last week or so and if have they seen caribou? Any help appreciated. Thanks Viktor

My wife and myself were up at Tangle Lakes last weekend, and we didn't see any caribou. From some people that I have talked to, the Caribou are not quite on the Denali highway yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterofalaska View Post
    My wife and myself were up at Tangle Lakes last weekend, and we didn't see any caribou. From some people that I have talked to, the Caribou are not quite on the Denali highway yet.
    Not sure if yuo noticed, but this thread is 7 years old. There is a much more current thread on the nelchina caribou in the hunting forum.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    this thread is 7 years old
    Thats got to be some kind of record?

Most of the Nelchina caribou circa 2006 are now dead. Sorry Viktor.

Is a herd of 38,000 animals so hard to find there needs to be 8 threads about them?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    ...this thread is 7 years old
    Hope the guy wasn't waiting all this time for an answer. What does it mean when the little green light is out under the word member?
    "Grin and Bear It"

starting August 1st of 2006 the Yeti population exploded in GMU 13, their are no caribou on the denali hwy.. all you will find is hair in the yeti scat if you are lucky to find a pile. they bury their poop like a cat..
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    starting August 1st of 2006 the Yeti population exploded in GMU 13, their are no caribou on the denali hwy.. all you will find is hair in the yeti scat if you are lucky to find a pile. they bury their poop like a cat..
    G0d ****3d yetis must've come from the 40 mile herd to the nelchina basin.... Ba$tards!!!! Sure wish fish and game would allow us some hunting leniency on the infamous and notorious tundra yeti.... It'd be nice to see caribou populations of these two herds back to what they used to be before the yetis devastated them