Thread: kids and moose

Default kids and moose

Well I was on the phone with my wife doing the glen 500 this friday, normal day the wife was getting dinner ready and the kids were playing in the yard. Wife goes out to check on them and I hear a commotion on the other end of the line, I can't hear much but she sounds worried and I heard the word MOOSE. Once things calm down I get the story. Apparently all the hunting video's I have been watching this winter has rubbed off on my boys (ages 5 & 4). They spotted a cow and calf in our side yard and using a fallen tree and a stand of spruce trees managed to get to within about 15 feet of the momma. I don't know what their plan was but they were hiding behind a tree watching her when my wife caught them. When the kids had retreated and were safely in the house I got the story from an obviously upset woman. Once she finished venting I asked the only thing that came to my mind. "Were they in bow range?". Aparently this was the wrong question though it did lighten the mood a bit or at least turn some of here emotions toward me... I gave them a speach on the dangers of moose especialy a mom and calf, but secretly I am very proud of my little huntin buddies!

High five, thats some good training.

Default Kids and Moose

I love it. My grandson (age11) can't wait to stick one!!!!!

"Were they in bow range?"

That was awesome! Thanks for the laugh!

Awsome!
    Great start.

Default thanks

Good picture, good laugh. I can see her just red faced mad like only a mama can be. I am proud of you for asking the "male" question and not bowing to the obvious pressures that were present. "Bow Range"! Oh my.

Funny story. Its amazing the things kids can do if they set there mind to it.

Default wow!

Great story right before bed after a bad day. I can go to bed with a chuckle. I read this out loud to my wife, who is in bed reading a sappy romance novel , who responded "typical man." Thank god your kids are safe. Hopefully next time they "put the stalk on" it will be a successful weekend filled with memories.

Default Even Funnery after I read it out loud.

My "vegetarian" wife after I read it said, Sounds like something you would say. Makes me want a boy even more. If not my 8 month daughter seems to be on the right track, shes liking turkey hunting shows.

Now that's a good story. Even so much it deserves a ride on my boat to the salmon glory hole. For some fishing.

Great story, glad mom caught them when she did and everyone's safe. Nice to hear they got positive feedback from dad and a lesson on the dangers of wild mothers and their babies as well. Good hunting to all...