Thread: Catching reds?

Question Catching reds?

I stopped by a creek last night that was just packed with reds. But unlike the Russian/Kenai, the water is slow and barely moving. I don't think one would have much success "lining" them.

Does anyone know what would be the best method for catching reds that are just milling around in slow moving water?

thanks,

Default fishing in the Homer Lagoon

I believe there is a method described on the F&G website on how to fish the lagoon in Homer. This was the basics given to me (not tried it yet) ..... tie a bobber to the end of your line, then a hook a couple feet above that and sinker above the hook. Hold the tip of your pole in the water and wait until the fish swim into your line and move the bobber.

Question Silvers. . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffin AK
    I stopped by a creek last night that was just packed with reds. But unlike the Russian/Kenai, the water is slow and barely moving. I don't think one would have much success "lining" them.

Does anyone know what would be the best method for catching reds that are just milling around in slow moving water?

thanks,
    Any chance you're looking at silvers?

Default reds

Definitely reds. Most were bright but a few had the parrot green heads and red bodies.

There is a slight current, so I don't know if the slackwater slayer method would work.