Thread: Water Bladders

Default Water Bladders

I am in the market for a new Bladder !!!!!
    On my last black bear spring hunt I had problems with my Bladder hose getting very stiff early in the mornings while trying to suck water out .
    I know I do not have the top of the line bladder so before I drop some funds on a new one I would like to weed out other brands that people had problems with .
    Thanks for any Information..

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Default Water Bladders

Not sure on all the brands, but a nice feature I make sure the bladders I have and buy others as gifts have is it has the same cap size as the nalgene bottles. Just cause a lot of the water filters out there will then thread right on there. Also stay away from the type that have the bladder hose coming out through the cap. Being that these type then always have to have the cap on the bottom of the bladder compounded with the fact that sometimes even with the bladder hose perferctly square in the cap they have a tenendency to leak. I don't know if that makes any sense at all, but thats my experience with water bladders for what its worth.

Why was your hose getting stiff? Was it freezing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    Why was your hose getting stiff? Was it freezing?
    There was snow on the ground but it was not freezing just cold .
    The cold temps was making the tube that I have coming from my pack over my shoulder very stiff .
    My hunting partner had a nice one that stayed limp but his son lost it and he does not remember what brand it was .

RR

USS SARATOGA CV-60

Nothing helpful here and I will try and keep my double entendre to my self. For what it is worth it is not uncomon to have a stiff hose first thing in the morning.....oops...

MNTS_R_MY_PLYGRND

Default Now thats funny

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Nothing helpful here and I will try and keep my double entendre to my self. For what it is worth it is not uncomon to have a stiff hose first thing in the morning.....oops...
    Ranger Rick,

Might wanna stay away from water bladders the company that sponsors this guy makes.

I guess I should of worded it a little better .
    I should of known not to use words like limp and stiff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RR

USS SARATOGA CV-60

I use the Camelbak brand bladders. I like the new style with the bite piece that can be shut off because it prevents loss of water from the bite piece accidentally getting caught between your body and a pack strap. I've had problems with bladders freezing, but if I'm not wearing a pack I'll keep the bladder in one of their military style hydration only packs and wear it under my jacket.

I have a Cabelas. With gatorade solution mix and H2O, I was good to go till about 10 degrees. 15 dollars wasn't to bad for a price.

Ron

Thumbs up MSR Dromadary bags

buy the conversion. I just stuff them in a pack pocket. screw on to my MSR filter.

Default camelbak water bladders

I use camelbak water bladders and love them. They always work great for me and come with lots of different attachments(bite valve cover, neoprene sleeve for hose, cleaning kits that actually work) I wear mine when I got snowboarding with a neoprene sleeve on the tube. I just blow in the tube a bit and it pushes the water back into the main reservoir and keeps the tube from freezing up with water.