Thread: GS custom bullet and reloading?

Default GS custom bullet and reloading?

This company from south africa just got an alaskan distributor and from what I have heard about these bullets they are supposed to be excellent on game. A little spendy but not any worse that some of the other premium bullets. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I was looking at using them in a couple of calibers.

I'd like to try the 130 and 160 Hv in .308, the 230gr HV in 9.3, 265gr HV in 375, and the 315 and 400gr HV in .458. From what I have read its possible to get the 265gr HV up to 2900fps out of a 375 H&H. Thats smoking, I would settle for 2700-2800fps, should make for a good flat shooting big game rifle.

They have a pretty interesting site with some good information
    www.gscustom.co.za

Anyone have any experience with them?

I already have dibs on one of the first boxes of 160 grain .30 cals that are coming up here.

He is already taking requests for his 3rd order now.

Many of the bullets in the second order are spoken for already and they are not here yet.

Bryan Petit at Northern Lights trading Company sounds like a good guy to deal with.

I was going to shoot the 160's in a 300 ultra. But I sold it and now have a 300WSM and a 30-06 which is what the 150 GS is designed for. Think I'll hunt with the GS bullets and target practice the 500 other 30 cal bullets I have floating around here.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

I have the 140 grainers loaded for my wife's 7x57 Brno and it shoots well indeed.

I nailed a moose up in Kotlik this year with the 265 grain GS in my .375 Weatherby.

I ordered 300 grainers for the .375, and 160 grainers for my .300 Ultra and 180 grainers for my 8x57's and 8x60 Mauser and am going to try a box of the 40 grain for my wife's .223 WSSM.

Can't wait to get them.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Does anybody have a phone number or email address for the place that sells these bullets here in Alaska. Thanks

"You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".