Thread: Ruger 50th Ann. Flat Top .44 mag

Default Ruger 50th Ann. Flat Top .44 mag

If anybody wants to buy a Ruger 50th Anniversary Flat Top .44 mag, there is a place in Washington State called Double Eagle Pawn who just sold me one offline for $450.00 plus $15.00 shipping to Anchorage. I bought mine for a trail gun, but it is a new in box commmemorative gun. Their daytime # is 509-276-7760. I am in no way affiliated with them, but thought it nice that they only charged $15.00 shipping to AK and they were very good about the whole deal.

Default I tried to Google them ..no luck...how did you find

out about it...I would like the 44 w/ 4 3/4 barrel if they make/have them....?

Default Double Eagle Pawn

They had one of the 50th Anniversary guns on Auction Arms, so I contacted them directly. They are in Deer Park, WA. Call them at the number I gave and ask for Jeff, but I don't think they had one in shorter then 6 1/2" barrel, though anything is possible.

this topic of the "flattop" reminds me of the day(very grim tale) I sold mine for 200.00 bucks yrs. back, could not hit a lick with that. Fella came back after he bought it from me and said it was due to a broken spring-hold me back!

Bought it for 75.00 from a gent that did not want his growing teenagers to get there hands on it. Some unlearned moments.

One day perhaps a new one will be in my hands or.......... thanks for the headsup.

Default 50th Anniversary Ruger

It's funny, I've had so many Ruger single actions over the years that I can tell how this one is going to feel in the hand. I think the 6 1/2" bbl and Blackhawk type gripframe should be very nice and balanced. Now, to get it out to the range when it gets here.

Default Ruger Blackhawk / Superblack Hawks

I bought my first flat top when I got out of college in 69 or 70 for $75. It had the grip frame polished and a lanyard ring installed. I sold it later to buy my first Mdl 29 in the early 70s when they were scarce items. Before either I had a Super Blackhawk- I traded a GI 1911 + a trapdoor + cash for it. Don't recall when I sold that one; probably to get enough money to go to my first job or buy my new Corvette.

I bought the second one I still have for around $200 from GNG sometime in the early 80s. I still have it but rarely shoot it. It's an low 4 digit gun probably made in 1956 or 57 and very well made and finished inside and out.

I did pick up a Super Blackhawk with the fluted clyinder and Blackhawk style grip frame at the Wasilia show Unlike the other Blackhawks the grip frame and ejector rod housing are steel. They only make the 5 1/2" barrel with the fluted cylinder for some reason but I thought it looked neat so I bought it for $275 I think. Down to the range with it this weekend to see how the Steel powder I bought works.

Default New Flattops

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    They had one of the 50th Anniversary guns on Auction Arms, so I contacted them directly. They are in Deer Park, WA. Call them at the number I gave and ask for Jeff, but I don't think they had one in shorter then 6 1/2" barrel, though anything is possible.
    Sent a buddy over to the ammo shop on Bonnyflush that had one on consignment for a bit under $400.00

Default Good price

That sounds like a great price for the gun and no shipping from an online dealer.