Thread: Accubond 30 Cal Experience

Default Accubond 30 Cal Experience

I recently bought two boxes of these bullets and would like to hear from anyone who has on-game experience to share. My game is limited to deer and black bears (and the occasional hog)......

Will this bullet perform similar to the Partition at 100 yd ranges? 200 yd ranges?

Caliber is a 30-06.....

Default Accubond

I have used the 200 gr Accubond in my 30-'06 a ton. Great results on caribou, moose, deer. No shots taken at bears. Had pass-throughs on all but one moose, bullet recovered on off-side hide.

I personally wouldn't expect the same performance as a Partition, unless you consider the "performance" to be causing the death of the target animal. But I believe in them enough to keep using them in my '06 and my 300RUM. I'm confident enough to use them on anything but the biggest bears (at least in 30 cal), and I've seen references to folks liking there performance in the 375 H&H, among others, so perhaps people are in fact using them on big bears.

Chris

I use the 180 AccuBond in the 06. I have only recovered one bullet from caribou and that one went length-wise through one at 300+ yards. It expanded to 0.6x0.65 inch and only lost about 20% of it's weight. I shoot a No 1 and would not think twice about using it on anything I might run into. I would not choose the 06 for brown bear but would not hesitate to shoot one with it if I had to. Jim

Watched a freind shoot a 6 1/2 black bear at 200 yds facing towards him with a slight turn. Bear dropped in its tracks. If I remember correctly the bullet exited the latter half of the rib cage on the opposite side. It was a 180 out of an -06.

Caribou and elk. Highly accurate and effective. Could not ask for more. J.