Thread: gun show?

Default gun show?

Was told by my brother that there is a gun show at Palmer High School this weekend, can anyone mabey verify?

I dont know, but have you got your tickets?? I got a couple...

Sorry....couldn't resist....!

You can usually check the bottom of the home page showing all the forums and there is a list of upcoming activities and whatnot. I don't see it now, but its usually there...

Thanks Hunt....Hate to tell ya this, those tickets fell outta my pocket. Need my address for return purposes?

Its at the Palmer Fair Grounds Sat & Sun.

Tim

Thanks.........

Quote Originally Posted by cwoods View Post
    Thanks Hunt....Hate to tell ya this, those tickets fell outta my pocket. Need my address for return purposes?
    HA! Good one man!

Some od the best deals that I saw at the show today.
    30-06 winchester classic stainless one for 595 and another for 600.
    300 win mag stainless classic NIB 750 and another for 600
    338 win mag classic stainless 600.

I bought a cool little savage bolt action 23B in 25-20.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

I bought two pair of Zeiss Victory II binoculars. One was a set of 8x40's; the other set was a pair of 10x40's. I bought BOTH pair for $950!

Any one want to buy my one-year-old set of Minox 10x43 HG's?

Default times for tomorrow?

what's the hours for operations tomorrow?

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Big surprise…………no beanie babies, no crafty crap (well, not much anyway) somewhat realistic pricing on select items and plenty to look at. Saw some good deals on lever guns, and of course some not so good deals. Saw one guy trying to sell a blued Guide Gun in 45/70 (used) for more than the price of a brand new one, but did see a BB 94 in 307 for less than $500! Now that is a deal. Several 30/30’s for under $300………….not a great deal, but not bad considering the increase in pricing the last couple of years. Still managed to get stuck behind a couple of extra stinky valleyites, but even that was less than I expected. Normally I expect to get penned in by at least 10 ultra stinky, don’t know what deodorant, soap or water is, kind of valley trash, so I was pleasantly surprised to only get stunk out by two.

Came home with a Marlin 375 and she is rough with many miles on her, but was able to deal the price down to a reasonable number and now it is a mate for my BB 94 in 375 Win. If my pocket would have been deep enough, I could have easily bought 4 or 5 rifles. Compare that to the Wasilla gun show where I came home with nearly all my money because I simply could not find a worthy specimen to drop cash on, and you will see that this years Palmer show is far better than you would expect.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Does anyone know what time the doors open tomorrow?

Default gun show

There was a lot of people at the gun show and yes some were stinky. I noticed that a lot of the tables had some VERY high prices used guns for new prices. I did see some good deals like the Marlin 39 tdk I belive was the model $300 went back to get it someone beat me by 10 min. Then the Ruger mark II target pistol for $225 Never seen sights like that before and the gun looked new. The guy selling it said 20 min after I looked at it some guy showed up and said he had been looking for that model for two years. So I ended up picking up a Henry Golden Boy NIB for $350 not a bad deal. So good luck tomorrow on finding your treasures.

Default a few good things

I went today and found a good deal on some brass and bullets but not much else. I am always surprised by the number of people trying to sell used guns at or above the price of new. The funniest thing I saw was a guy offer $5.00 for $8.00 worth of primers and the seller pulled out a calculator to figure out if this was a good deal and turned to the buyer and went on about how there was no way he could go that low. There must be a lot more to figuring the right price for something that I thought.

Thank you for the info...cause I want to go early.

I saw someone carrying a Winchester Model 70 classic stainless 375 H&H for $600 obo. Looked brand new.

Dang! That would have been a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Alaska View Post
    Dang! That would have been a good deal.
    Yeah, considering there is one here on the classifieds for $1400!