Thread: Ankle braces or boots with great ankle support???

Default Ankle braces or boots with great ankle support???

Anyone have a good recommendation on Ankle Braces that fit under boots? The other option would be a new pair of boots with good ankle support. I will not be hunting the mountains this year but will be hunting the tussaks in the tundra. Any suggestions?

Default try these

There are some great boots out there but if you combating an injury this is what I did.

It's a tight fit but years ago after a sever ankle sprain I wore lace up ankle braces under my boots. First started wearing them with waders but opted to fit them under danner's as well. The ones I used were similar to what pro athletes wore.

I no longer need to use them but they sure worked...

check below for a line of similar supports.

http://www.muellersportsmed.com/ankleproducts.htm

Default Ankle Braces

There are some quality ankle braces out there that would be a lot more comfortable under boots than the lace up ones. They slip on and have a couple of velcro type straps that wrap. I'd look for them at any sporting goods store.

Default thanks guys

Thanks winmag and carnivore for the ideas. I was curious if anyone knows of a particular brand that fits under boats as I live out on Nunivak and can not just go to a sporting goods store and take a look .