Thread: Bear loads 325wsm

Default Bear loads 325wsm

I just bought a 325wsm in a browing blr and was wondering what to use for spring bear. Also i was wondering if anyone has loaded anything larger than 220gr in this caliber. Any input is much appreciated.

Default bigger bullets?

Don't know if you are looking forward to blackie or brownie but I would probably try and use something bigger as a primary weapon for a brownie. When things go wrong...
    I prefer to error on the side of caution.
    That said, the Swift A-frame in 220gr. would be a reliable combo for bigger game.
    For a blackie the 220 would be more than enough. I just picked up a bunch of 200gr. partitions that should be a good match for the caliber/velocity of the 325. I am hoping to try them out on a spring blackie myself.

I have looked around for larger bullets and I think I saw where Woodleigh has/had some in 250gr or so. You might be encroaching on case capaicity quite a bit with something of that size though.
    Would like to hear what you find larger than the 220. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by green sourdough View Post
    Don't know if you are looking forward to blackie or brownie but I would probably try and use something bigger as a primary weapon for a brownie. When things go wrong...
    I prefer to error on the side of caution.
    That said, the Swift A-frame in 220gr. would be a reliable combo for bigger game.
    For a blackie the 220 would be more than enough. I just picked up a bunch of 200gr. partitions that should be a good match for the caliber/velocity of the 325. I am hoping to try them out on a spring blackie myself.

I have looked around for larger bullets and I think I saw where Woodleigh has/had some in 250gr or so. You might be encroaching on case capaicity quite a bit with something of that size though.
    Would like to hear what you find larger than the 220. Keep us posted.
    Ditto. Good thinkin'!
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Bear is not gonna be my primary target for this gun but i was hoping to use it this spring. Oh and it will be for some spring grizzlies and my dad will be with using his 375h&h. Another question though, would you use the 200accubonds or the 220power points in factory ammo. Is the heavier bullet more important or is the lighter but better constucted bullet a better choice? I dont reload, yet. I kinda bought the gun thinking that i could use it as an excuse later on to start handloading, if it ever went out of style or i felt i needed more options.