Thread: Deep Creek or Anchor Point

Default Deep Creek or Anchor Point

I haven't fished Deep Creek for several years. I have never launched from Anchor Point. I am going to try to get out quite a bit more this year and would like your opinions on which is the better of the two. I have heard that one of the tractor companies is not... Well let's just ask is there a better service out of the two and what make's it so. I've only got a 17' Sea Runner so I won't be going out too far.

Default only way

Are the tractors the only way to put in at deep creek?

I think when the tides are right you can use the launch or you can launch yourself from the beach but I have heard a few horor stories about getting stuck and the tide coming in. Captain Nemo comes to mind... Does anyone know what the launch fees are going to be this year or when the tractors will start launching? I'd still be interested to hear about why you choose one launch over the other. Is it because one launch is closer to the fishing, facilities better near by, camping areas, ect...?

Default Tractor Launch...Time Yet???

We used to launch off the beach B4 the tractors were there...if you're careful and have a couple of good (read experienced ) guys it worked ok....was always a puckering experience when the winds picked up and you had to recover later in the day....I've been using the tractor launch ever since they became available....yeah the price keeps going up, but so does the cost of a new truck, so I let them incur the downside....Deep Creek guy has always been honorable and kind to me and mine....Anchor guy....well let's just say I go to Deep Creek...

Default Deep Crk launch?

Has the ramp been repaired and access to it re-opened in the last few yrs? That sure beat the beach launching routine.

Default Deep Creek Launch Ramp

As of September it was still a mess...I would bet it still is.

When do the tractors start up for the season? I know we are still several weeks away, but I'm already chompin' at the bit (like everyone esle I suppose).

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Fly Guy View Post
    When do the tractors start up for the season? I know we are still several weeks away, but I'm already chompin' at the bit (like everyone esle I suppose).
    Typically May 1, but as this year is on a thurday, they might, just might
    open the weekend before.

How are the camping facilitites at Deep Creek compared to Anchor River? I mean other then Memorial Day or 4th of July, you know... normal times.