Thread: Did component prices go up in Anchorage?

Default Did component prices go up in Anchorage?

I bought a bunch of stuff a couple months ago during my last trip to Anchorage. I just had one of my buddies buy me more brass and primers at S.W. and it seems like everything is a couple bucks more than two months ago. Plus he said that many of the primers were out of stock.

Does there seem to be a price jump or buying binge?

I need to keep the Swede girls supplied with something to shoot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Swede rifles 006.jpg  
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Default SW price jump

Basically, SW didn't do any price increases over a period of time. The last time around, they brought everything up to snuff all at once, at least for many components. Makes it seem like a huge increase when it's done that way. I grabbed a bunch of their primers because they were so low priced.

I've been checking and pricing all over. Basically, bullets have taken the biggest hit. If you find any at last year's price buy them, no questions asked. You're looking at old stock and old prices. New stock is going to come in at roughly double what it cost last year. I haven't seen any new arrivals of Hornady, Speer or Sierra going for less than $20 until you get down to 22 cal.

Ammo is as bad or worse. I saw Federal 30-06 ammo, standard bullet and not premiums at $29.87. The same basic federal 7mm Rem Mag is $39.87. Put Noslers in the Fed rounds and 06 is $52 and the 7mm is $60. Standard 338 Win Mag is $54, and with Noslers it going to set you back $60. The Weatherby branded 300 Wby ammo is running $100 a box. 375 H&H with Noslers is $90 and with Trophy Bonded its $95.

Get it while it's hot!

I bet the fence-sitters will be ready to start reloading now.

Even reloading is crazy expensive right now! I reload everything I shoot. The other day I was looking at some shot for the shotgun and the bags were 52.99 for a 25lb bag. Yikes.

Default Just Started To

I just started reloading and this isn't sounding good. Although I have already reloaded a box of 30-06 for almost half of what I would have paid for just the plain Remmington 180 grain. I think it might end up like gas prices they will raise it and then leave it alone for awhile, till we get use to it and then Jack it up again.

SW had to call a cleanup crew after I accidentally relieved myself when I saw the new prices of the Oregon Trail Laser Cast bullets. Literally, they almost doubled in price. I've been trying to buy a couple boxes of 45 cal RN 230gr. since late summer. I hate bending over, but I figured prices weren't going down anytime soon, and I got %10 off the new and improved sticker price.

Default yup

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    SW had to call a cleanup crew after I accidentally relieved myself when I saw the new prices of the Oregon Trail Laser Cast bullets. Literally, they almost doubled in price. I've been trying to buy a couple boxes of 45 cal RN 230gr. since late summer. I hate bending over, but I figured prices weren't going down anytime soon, and I got %10 off the new and improved sticker price.
    Like I said, if you see components at last year's prices, jump on them. I've even picked up a few boxes of bullets in calibers I don't shoot. Think "trading stock."

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

I was up at Boondockers last week and was informed that 223 ammo was going up $10 a box on their next order.

The problem is the supplies I need are almost always out of stock, but when someone does have them on the shelf at a decent price I load up the cart. When I had the chance I bought BOXES upon boxes of primers at SW. Time to stock up on powder too.

I bought some 6.5 lapua Naturalis bullets direct from the importer. $1.27 each

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Like I said, if you see components at last year's prices, jump on them.
    Amen to that! I regret being "tight" with the bucks in the last yr. or two and see now the suffering cost of buying todays prices on bullets. They will only go up. If you can afford to buy bulk this yr.---do it as it will not go down on prices only go up! Reloaders as in my case shoot often and sooner than later you will need more bullets. I don't shoot cheap bullets as there is no point in using them in the field.

MidSouth Shooters gave me a savings better than Midway and shipping is a bit better-my money went there for my 9.3 bullets for my Vz24

Buy bulk when you can.

regards,