Thread: Want to go riding.

Default Want to go riding.

Hello,
    I am the new guy. I just got a 2004 Polaris Predator and I want to go riding. I won't have a trailer to haul it around for a couple days and it will be a few more before I register it. I really want to hitch a ride with somebody if they are going riding. I am free tonight, tomorrow (have to be home by 5pm), and all day Friday. I REALLY-REALLY-REALLY want to go riding soon. It would be greatly appreciated. Let me know.

(907)744-1353

My ride;

Sounds like you got it bad.

If you go out post a ride report.

I can't go ride for about 3 weeks yet.

Make sure who ever you ride with has a utility atv with winch and or tow strap. You'll be getting stuck everywhere at this time of year in the present conditions with that sporty.

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Make sure who ever you ride with has a utility atv with winch and or tow strap. You'll be getting stuck everywhere at this time of year in the present conditions with that sporty.
    I figured this much. I am going to be fairly selective of the lines that I take. Luckily it is light enough to move around by hand if it should get stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Not really, just depends on the rider and the trail conditions. I did Baldy behind Wasilla about 5 or 6 times (to the top) with a newer sport quad last year. And the Iditarod trail was a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Not really, just depends on the rider and the trail conditions. I did Baldy behind Wasilla about 5 or 6 times (to the top) with a newer sport quad last year. And the Iditarod trail was a piece of cake.
    I said "present conditions". Ice everywhere, like right now, are the worst conditions for a low ground clearance, 2 wheel drive atv. I ride with sportys so I know how often I gotta push and pull, and it ain't the drivers ability They do go real good when there is no ice in summer.