Thread: Halibut Charters in Petersburg

Default Halibut Charters in Petersburg

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience and/ or recommendadtions on halibut charters out of Petersburg? Also, would a half-day be sufficient most of the time, or would you recommend a full day? I'll be there late June/early July.

Thanks!

from what little experience I have for you (and none of it is petersburg, mine is skippering out of sitka), I'd tell you a full day would be the way to go weather permitting!!! It wasnt that a 3/4 day cruise ship charter wasn't sufficient, you really couldnt always get to where you wanted to go (where we knew the flattie bite was on) in such a short amount of time. So 3/4 would be my minimum, full day is much gooder!

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone have any experience and/ or recommendadtions on halibut charters out of Petersburg? Also, would a half-day be sufficient most of the time, or would you recommend a full day? I'll be there late June/early July.

Thanks!
    Always book a full day for bottom fish. Even if you do luck into a hot bite early on, you'll want to fish for other things while you're out. 1/2 day charters always generate the "it's just a bit early in the season" excuses from guides, since they're under a lot (too much IMO) pressure to produce from one location.

In Petersburg, I've either fished with, witnessed great results, or know personally:
    Alaskan Marine Adventures ( )
    Summer King Adventures
    Sea Breeze Adventures
    Petersburg Sport Fishing Charters
    Petersburg Fishing Adventures

Good luck and have fun!
    -Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]