Thread: Taurus .45/410 Revolver?????

Default Taurus .45/410 Revolver?????

Any one know where in Anchorage I can get a Taurus .45/410 Revolver. I think they call it the Judge, any idea how much?

Default Might wanta read this first....

Oneriver,

Thanks for the article, very good good one at that. I only want one for shooting Halibuts, not personal defense.

Stainless judges are about $599, hard to get. I started with 4 and am down to 1

Boondocks in ER had some.....

Red face WWG

I know, I know, but WWG had a SS one in stock yesterday ...

Yep Im down to one

Anyone know if this guy is tough enough to fire a .454 casull? I know this is built for the .45 long colt, but you can fire long colts in a .454 Casull...

When I bought the Judge I had at Chimos, they suggested against even shooting buffalo bore .45 in it. So I'd imagine that .454 would be out of the question.

Default Too long to fit

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanSD View Post
    Anyone know if this guy is tough enough to fire a .454 casull? I know this is built for the .45 long colt, but you can fire long colts in a .454 Casull...
    I know.

Not only can you not fit the 454 into the 45 Colt chamber, it would be folly to try to light one up if it did fit..

You can fire a .38 special in a .357 magnum revolver's chamber because the diameter of the brass casing is identical. But the extra length of the .357 will not permit full insertion in the .38 Special chamber.

For the same reason, you can fire a 45 Colt in a .454 Casull chamber, but cannot fully insert the longer .454 Casull cartridge in the 45 Colt chamber.

Good thing, too, because the 454 Casull is rated for 65,000 psi and the 45 Colt is rated for about 14,000 psi. You would have an instant shrapnel factory in your hand. These are pressures you usually find only in rifles (note, the Casull uses small rifle primers).

Even if the gun could handle the pressure, the recoil would be brutal in a gun as light as the Taurus 45/410 Judge.

There are easier ways to commit suicide than trying to fire a 454 in a gun not made for it.

Not an unreasonable question. But is unreasonable to try it.

Lost Sheep

Not an unreasonable question. But is unreasonable to try it.
    Unless you want to be called stubs the rest of your life
    "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Back when the 454 came out its 260gr factory loading would fit in many 45 colt revolvers. The old RedHawk would hold it but I saw a S&W that didn't. It should chamber in the Judge just like my Bond Arms Derringer but I wouldn't pull the trigger

Box-o-truth needs to try the new 3" Magnum Judge, he had the older 2 1/2" cylinder

Smile Taurus .410/.45 Colt

I know you don't live down here on the peninsula but I thought I would mention I saw one of these at Gator Guns in Kenai yesterday. I don't remember the price but here is the number if you want it. 907-283-7947

Aaron (owner of GG) is usually open from noon until six, Tuesday through Saturday.

Thanks guys - I figured as much, I just had to stir the pot. I'm wanting a 3" mag with a 6.5" barrel in stainless.