Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eureka! Apex 2XT tent

Question Eureka! Apex 2XT tent

Just ordered this tent for my walk-in sheep hunt, does anyone have any experience that they would like to share concerning this tent? Thanks.

I personally own one and love it. Sets up quick and has a decent amout of room and fairly large vestibules(sp?). I can usually fit all my gear inside one vestibule. I will reccomend seam sealer for the fly and base of the tent, and camp dry the fly. I used mine in a heavey down pour worked great for 3 nights than by the fourth night it was letting some water in through the seams. After I camp dried and seam sealer I haven't had an issue since. You will like this tent even though its a tad heavey but having all the room makes up for it. Let me know if you have any more ?'s Bob

Thanks for the info Bob, a well known Alaskan giude that I know highly recommended this tent to me and I thought i'd get some more feedback from here. Have you had any issues with the fiberglass poles??

I haven't had any issues w/ the poles I just follow Eurekas reccomendations and not let the sections slam together and thats really it. You will like the tent.

Thanks again for the info Bob, i'm looking forward to testing it out soon!

My hunting partner has had a Eureka XT for years. We have used it on lots of hunts and scouting trips. Double vestibules and doors is great for two guys. Been in some hard rain, worked great. Pretty good tent for a 3 season. Just be careful where you pitch it in high wind with fiberglass poles, they can break in high wind. Pitch it in as shelterd area as you can and guy it out good. We got close to a sticky situation one time but frortunalty the wind never shifted totally so we were shelterd behind a large rock formation.

Where you going sheep hunting?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

In the Chugach mountains, i'm doing a flyover the area next Wednesday. I also bought the Eureka! K2-XT Outfitter tent for my moose hunt this fall, it came highly recommended by several guides that use them.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45
    In the Chugach mountains, i'm doing a flyover the area next Wednesday. I also bought the Eureka! K2-XT Outfitter tent for my moose hunt this fall, it came highly recommended by several guides that use them.

K2-XT? Did you get the green tent from Cabelas or a yellow version from another source? The Cabelas version seems a lot cheaper than other sources; I was curious if there was any difference in the tent or just a good price

I got the K2-XT from Cabelas, it's the same tent that Eureka offers but only in green, Cabela's didn't offer it in any other color. You can find them all over the web at close to Cabela's price but the shipping is what did it for me, Cabela's pretty much does stuff on a flat rate, thats why I bought mine from them. Right now Eureka! is offering rebates on a lot of their tents right now too, I just got a $20 rebate for purchasing the Apex 2XT.

Awesome. Have a reat trip. We are walking in to the Alaska Range on the 8th. DS203, be there until we get two rams or run out of food.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I got the K2-XT from Cabelas, it's the same tent that Eureka offers but only in green, Cabela's didn't offer it in any other color. You can find them all over the web at close to Cabela's price but the shipping is what did it for me, Cabela's pretty much does stuff on a flat rate, thats why I bought mine from them. Right now Eureka! is offering rebates on a lot of their tents right now too, I just got a $20 rebate for purchasing the Apex 2XT.
    Thanks AKHunter. I have been considering quite a few four season tents; mostly leaning towards bibler or MountainHardwear. The K2-XT certainly has a more attractive price and I assume the materials are more durable since the tent weighs more than the others.

That tent came highly recommended by several guides and I know Eureka! makes great tents as I have used them in the past.

If you are going to consider this tent, go to E-Bay. There are a number of them at a good price with decent shipping charges. There are also some at a very high price with ridiculous shipping charges.

Default Apex tent

I bought and used the same tent last season on my sheep hunt. Mine has aluminum poles though. I can say it is a good quality tent. We endured 90 mph plus wind gusts and rain. The tent flattened on us all night long but kept us dry. We had to re stake the fly once but the tent performed flawlessly otherwise. It was little cold in the mornings but not too bad.

good luck hunting

Where did you get the aluminum poles? Mine came with fiberglass poles.

Default Aluminum poles

There were two versions of the tent when I was researching them, so I bought the aluminum ones.

There are two different models of the tent, one with aluminum poles, one with fiberglass. The aluminum model is one pound lighter at 4lbs, 6 oz. We used one down the Nowitna River and up the Koyukuk area, Kateel, and Three-day slough for 10 days. It was a great tent at what I think is a great price.

They no longer offer the tent with aluminum poles or I would have bought one. Looks like Eureka! went back to using the fiberglass poles with the Apex 2 and Apex 2XT tents.

Default They offer it with aluminum poles

They offer it with aluminum poles, I just bought one form Cabelas.

It was backordered for a week but I got it.

~F

Are you sure your not talking about the Pinnacle Pass tent, it has the aluminum poles, according to Cabela's website they don't even carry the Apex 2XT but they do carry the Apex 2 but it also has fiberglass poles. This is getting confusing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast