Thread: 350 Rem Mag Ready To Go

Default 350 Rem Mag Ready To Go

Finally have settled on a hunting load. 60grs WW748 using CCI 250 mag primers instead of Fed 210 and my OAL for the sweet spot was 2.805". Shot three groups with it and the largest group measure 1.195" and here is the smallest group of the three. This is not an over pressure round as you can tell from the brass. This is very good for a out of the box Remington and a Weaver 1-3x20mm. She is ready to go.

THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Did you have a chance to run a couple over a chronograph?
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    Did you have a chance to run a couple over a chronograph?
    That is over the chrono and the average of 9 rounds. I must have a real smooth barrel and not to tight because it cleans up quick and gives me good velocities as well as good accuracy.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Default Readyto go!

It gives you SUPERB velocity and good accuracy. But I must ask you, what are you going to hunt with those Sierra bullets. I have found them a bit soft for the bigger bruties, good up through medium black bear.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Morgan View Post
    It gives you SUPERB velocity and good accuracy. But I must ask you, what are you going to hunt with those Sierra bullets. I have found them a bit soft for the bigger bruties, good up through medium black bear.
    Jack.
    These will be used for deer, and hogs. When it comes dangerous game I will be using either 225gr TSX or A-Frame and which one of these gives me good velocity and accuracy. I have not had the time to develop a dangerous game load yet.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Default Beartooth, rem mag box length?

Your enthusiasm has been infectious. Would you mind measuring and posting the cartridge box length in that little .350? Reading your chrony post, regardless of weather you get 2700+ or 2625fps with a 225 and those groups it will be deadly. I look forward to the A-frame data.

Default 673 on sale.......

If anyone was wanting a remington 673 im 350 remington mag for $650. I saw this in the diamond street wall mart a couple of days ago. Pretty good considering people are gouging these for 800-900. Thought someone would like to know

Quote Originally Posted by 35gibber View Post
    Your enthusiasm has been infectious. Would you mind measuring and posting the cartridge box length in that little .350? Reading your chrony post, regardless of weather you get 2700+ or 2625fps with a 225 and those groups it will be deadly. I look forward to the A-frame data.

Mine measured exactly 2.888" I set my OAL for accuracy with 60gr WW748 at 2.805"
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Good deal! Is there a reason you switched primers?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhuntster View Post
    Good deal! Is there a reason you switched primers?
    Yes, I got more velocity and accuracy out of the 250 CCI Magnum primer as opposed to the 210 Federal standard rifle primer when using WW748. Now I am going to test it one more time this coming week to see if I get the same results. Also will be testing the Mag primer with my load of IMR4895 and IMR4320 to see what the velocity and accuracy results are compared to the standard primer. Wish I had some 215 Fed primers but I don't.

The corrected chrony reading average for this thread concerning my 350 Rem Mag 225gr load

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Beartooth,

Cheers, Gibber

I need to try soem 4895 as well. I just checked my old can and it smelled funny. I guess it is 30 years old. The VARGET loads I just tried sure did not work out all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    I need to try soem 4895 as well. I just checked my old can and it smelled funny. I guess it is 30 years old. The VARGET loads I just tried sure did not work out all that well.
    Float Pilot, I really like what I got out of my IMR4895 in accuracy. I will be testing 59.3grs of IMR4895 this coming Friday but I will be using CCI 250 mag primers instead of Fed 210 primers to see where accuracy is and if there is any increased velocities. I also will be testing 60.3grs of IMR4320 using CCI 250 instead of Fed 210 primers. I will be trying my 60grs of WW748 with a Fed 210 primer instead of a CCI 250 mag primer to see the difference in accuracy and velocity. Once again I sure got good accuracy out of IMR4895 and IMR4320.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Last night I loaded some 250 grain Speer spitzers with 55 grains of H-4895 (I hope it is close to IMR 4895 because this is all I could find) and a Federal 215 mag primer. I loaded them to 2.880 since I am using a Ruger M-77KMKII and they have a little longer magazine and throat.
    I will try to go to the range tommorrow.

I also loaded some 225 grain Sierra boat tails with 56 grains of IMR 3031 with Fed 215s. I will see how they do as well.
    So far ,this Ruger has yet to shoot smaller than a two inch group with anything....

Taking my 350 rem mag out tomorrow for a range session. Got a bunch of 200-grain Hornady Interlocks with different powder charges to try out.

Weather got in the way of me shooting my 350 Rem this last Friday. Will have to wait till Friday again because of work and Friday is suppose to be a good weather day according to the forecast. I sure hope it is.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS