Thread: Is a .410 shotgun good for killing rabbits?

Exclamation Is a .410 shotgun good for killing rabbits?

just wonder if a .410 shotgun good for killing rabbits can anyone answer me?

Thank You
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------I like Pie------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default 410

My first shot gun was a 410. I killed rabbits, quail, ducks, and squirrels with it. It was a single shot and I would miss more than I would hit. The 20 Guage is a much better gun. More choices of shells and better power.

anyone look at this yet?

Thanks

My first was also a .410. Yes, it will kill rabbits, especially if it has a 3 in chamber. a 20 will be better after experience but a .410 works.

I used to use a 410 single shot. It will definitely do the job. Great gun for getting someone young started as it isn't as much as a 20 or 12 gauge. Shells can be expensive though. Do you have a 410 or were you gonna buy one? You might want to try a 20 gauge just to see if you like it.

I have a 870 12 ga and I bought a small youth single shot 410 for my snowmachine and now that I bought that I hardly ever use my 12 the 410 is so fun to shoot and I always try to wait for still shots I have taken rabbits at a full run with it. It is a harder but there is no question that it will do the job and I find it really fun.

Default Shot more than one

rabbit with a .410. I have an H & R single shot .410 I've used on rabbits and grouse. Great little gun.

So father, just what is that link you keep putting up?

I get a hack message on each of them. Gotta virus floating around in your computer?

I use a Winchester 94 410 for rabbits and ptarmigan and it is only 2 /12in. It is a lot of fun.

Thumbs up .410

A .410 is real sporty when the chase is on for bunnies. I use my 94-.410 lever action with 6 shot and love it.

I grew up in Iowa and the only shotgun I owned until I was out of high school was a Mossberg bold action 3 shot 410. You would be amazed at the pile of small game I killed with that gun. I took many pheasants on the wing with it too but then I had much faster reflexes then than I do now.

I have a Contender on one of the barrels I have is a .45 - 410. I have wanted to try it on ptarmigan but I shot it a couple of times and it seems awkward for wing shooting as it just isn't natural to shoot a pistol that way for me.

hey its just a joke it says different things to people depending on what there ip address is or what software there running and makes them all scared but its harmless im 1000000% sure it is very harmless its just desinged to make people scred it doesnt harm your computer i swear its just some fun little thing thats pretty stupid actually.... i shouldnve put it up there lol getting to much PM's and posts about it just go to http://www.danasoft.com it explains it there about the jiist of what i said above but still just to be assured this is not a virus check there if you're scared of it sorry about the inconvenience thank you

-Father

Default 410 hunter

my 410 is my second favorite rabbit gun. Use #6 shot and when you can aim at the base of the ears. You get less shot in the meat that way. The best all round gun for rabbits is a .22LR. Any brand you are well practiced with will work. My favorite is my 1915 Stevens single shot, but my most used is probably my Ruger single six 5 1/2 inch barrel revolver. Here in Alaska the rabbits usually sit still relying on their comoflage and afford an eisy shot.

A 410 is fun to use for rabbits. I have a Mossberg 500, it's light weight and does everthing I need it to do.